Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Wetsuit Sizing Q?
Quote | Reply
Anyone go *down* a size from what the size charts say in a Roka Elite? According to size charts I should be M/L. I bought a M/L in the Comp and a M/T in the Elite (because they didn't have a M/L) and just tried on the M/T and I think it felt right. First wetsuit. I've rented blueseventy suits before and their size charts say I should be a M but the S/M fit better and that's what I wore.

The M/T was a fair bit of struggle to get on up to my thighs, but then it went on fine. Feels about the same as the blueseventy rental felt. I'm going to try to head out for a swim in it later but was just wondering if it was nuts to be sizing down. If there is a difference, is it better to be a bit snug or a bit loose?

For reference, I'm 5'7", 138 lbs. Wear a size small Tyr tri shorts/top.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Wetsuit Sizing Q? [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snug is better - should be a struggle to get on but fit once you wiggle into it. So sounds like the M/T is spot on.

For reference, my wife is about the same dimensions as you and wears an M/T in the Maverick Pro.

As a rule, I would always err on the side of too snug vs too loose.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind it'll loosen up a bit in the water, too. If you like the feel of the smaller suit and it's not constraining your stroke, sounds like a no-brainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Erin,
My name is Jennifer and I work at ROKA Sports. Size charts are a guide. Fit is going to be somewhat unique to each swimmer, everyone has their own comfort level with suits. It sounds like the MT is a good fit for you but a swim should give you a better idea, which is why we allow you to demo the suit in the water. You can give me a shout at support@rokasports.com if you have any questions on the fit after your swim.
Best,
Jennifer
Quote Reply