Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bargain!
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sure are proud of their product. I'll be waiting till there is a sale before I give them a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Hopefully quality will be on par with Rapha gear, given the cost. Eager to see their trisuits though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$440 for a bib+top!

I think alot better things to do with my money and i am a Roka owner of sim suit, skinsuit and wetsuit.

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to see the women's kit featuring pink. Why is it that manufacturers think all women want this color?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with the crowd that this stuff seems WAY expensive. Even if the $230 shorts were sold during their end-of-season 50% off sale, that's still $115. Considering I ride in tri shorts 3 of 4 seasons, even that price would be too expensive of an experiment though not terrible if I REALLY liked them. Has someone seen or worn them? What makes them $80 better than other company's top of the line shorts, like PI's P.R.O. shorts for $150 (assuming both fit as well)? I hope this isn't a terrible marketing mistake from what seems like an otherwise great company. They've priced themselves out of the market for me on this one even though I own just about everything else they make.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Roka products and everything about their company but I'm pretty sure I can buy Castelli gear at my local tri shop cheaper

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [H2O Girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2O Girl wrote:
So sorry to see the women's kit featuring pink. Why is it that manufacturers think all women want this color?

Agreed. I won't buy a bike with pink on it.

The color, at least on the website, isn't so awful. At least it's not Barbie pink like so many womens' athletic gear. Might look pinker in person though.

eta: I love that there are so many size options though. Much better than just S/M/L.
Last edited by: Erin C.: Oct 11, 15 13:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the company was European but saw them featured on that day-long infomercial yesterday and
was surprised to see that they are from the U.S.

I guess they need money to pay for that.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on the $34 swim shorts? I may order some just to give them a go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
http://www.rokasports.com/collections/mens-cycling

Will be interesting to see how they fare with this. If I remember correctly, Roka's origin story centers on founders being All-American swimmers at Stanford or Berkeley... Thus, they set out to make a better wetsuit...because they were experts at swimming.

Not to say they can't extend into cycling clothing, but just looking at it... what's better? What are Roka's bona fides in this regard?

I'm all for great brands creating great gear... so best of luck to them. Just seems to potentially be extending pretty quickly without a ton of differentiation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're priced competitively with Rapha and slightly under Assos - very interesting considering they are currently a Tri- Only brand.

I'm a big fan of Roka's wetsuit and swim skin, but will also wait and see on the bike apparel. I can get tried and true Rapha for that price, and I love the products Rapha puts out.

That said, I will almost certainly be picking up the aero race jersey they drop next year.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya but Castelli has proven aero dynamic benefits. I don't see anything about testing...very disappointing given the price. That said, love their wetsuits :) and customer service. Love the company as well.

Would love to see some testing, otherwise Castelli is cheaper and proven.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Oct 11, 15 16:18
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
urbantriathlete wrote:
They're priced competitively with Rapha and slightly under Assos

So...still over-priced then? OK, then.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clothing is too individualistic to make such generalizations. Casetlli may be fast on you, but not me - even if we're same height/weight. That said, agreed.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
urbantriathlete wrote:
They're priced competitively with Rapha and slightly under Assos

So...still over-priced then? OK, then.

Yeah, the pricepoint makes no sense. Bike pro shops aren't going to carry this vs. Rapha or Assos, and how many tri-specific shops have enough customers that buy clothing at the super-premium price point?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone purchased Roka cycling gear? I like the looks of it and being a Roka fan, I'm curious.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely wait for a sale.

Roka really worked me over. Purchased their swim skin at 10% off; Kona had the same skin for 50% off. Roka wouldn't honor the price guarantee as I was out of their "window" by a few days.

NEVER AGAIN pay full price for Roka. What a way to brand your products...and looking at the comments in this thread, I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know who manufactures this for them and it is all definitely their top of the line stuff. I still find it odd they don't leverage this and also that they would start at this price point.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I will be proven wrong but whenever I see Roka stuff it just screams "trendy, overpriced, triathletes are lemmings and will buy anything."

I am sure their stuff is nice. But so are Newtons, Vibrams, Hokas, and Base Salt, etc. Trendy and popular items until they aren't.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a pair and I'm blown away. I've had Nike and TYR ones the past year and the moment I put these on I felt like a real swimmer (even though I wear jammers). The material is thicker than the other brands I mentioned and they seem to contour to my body better overall.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling Roka will be around for a very long time. They seem to be doing things right and taking the time to perfect their product before releasing it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Roka wetsuit, neoprene shorts, fins, jammer, but the bike stuff doesn't come into question at those prices, and probably not even at significant sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Cycling Gear is now available! [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you like the design of the gear? I think it looks really cool. It's a lot more creative than other stuff on the market

Quote Reply

Prev Next