Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roadie Fit pic aka slow day working form home
Quote | Reply
So what's going on here with my roadie position? I know I could lose another cm of seat height, but the rest is a little puzzling. I have a zero setback seatpost and a 120mm stem, but it loos like i need either a longer stem or a setback on the seat. It also appears that I could lose some head tube height if I wanted to keep the reach and setback the same. Any thoughts?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Roadie Fit pic aka slow day working form home [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any thoughts?

I have a thought. Why are you basing your fit on look rather than comfort, which seems to be the typical measure of good fit for a road bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Roadie Fit pic aka slow day working form home [Wayne666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because I'm not quite as comfortable as I'd like to be. Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes and experience to look at something and say "yeah, if you try XXX you might find it more comfy/powerful."

Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then it would seem to me the logical place to start is not a picture but with a description of what isn't comfortable since that can often point to what adjustment is likely to rectify the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Roadie Fit pic aka slow day working form home [Wayne666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Setback post vs no-setback should not adjust your position at all! IF your knee is in the neutral "over-the-pedal-spindle-at-three-o'clock" position, it would remain there. Then the question is, is your knee in the neutral "over-the-pedal-spindle-at-three-o'clock" position? If not try it, how does that change your position. Beyond that, comfort is the key, unless you are racing, then you may wish to get lower.....................

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how tall are you and what size frame are you on?
you have very strait arm's in the photo, if any thing your top tube may be a bit short.
Dan...
Quote Reply
Re: Roadie Fit pic aka slow day working form home [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go about 6'2" and it's a XL frame (I believe the TT is 57.5cm)

Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From that position shown (hands on the hoods), look down at your front hub. Can you see it..? You should not be able to see it. It looks like if you get down in the drops, you look like you will be a little cramped up. Check that KOPS thing.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Roadie Fit pic aka slow day working form home [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The KOPS thing is pretty much dead on (front of knee is over the spindle @ the 3:00 position)

If I look down I can just see the hub peek out from below the bar. I've never heard this one before. What is it supposed to indicate?

Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These fit tricks that are out there (KOPS, bar blocking hub view, etc....) are pretty useless for fine tuning fit. Maybe as a starting point to get in the ball park, but they have little relevance to individual physiology or riding style.

I think the question that was asked earlier about what feels uncomfortable is the relevant one. Do you feel crunched up or too stretched, do you feel lacking in power, unable to get on top of the pedals in a climb, too much weight on the arms?

My shot from the hip based on your pic is that you may be more comfortable with a more rearward weight distribution, more flex at the elbow and being longer across the bike. You could achieve this by moving your saddle back a bit an probably a little lower, maybe also lengthen the stem and one with a little more rise so that you aren't reaching down to the bars so much.
Quote Reply