Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road bike fit in Philly are
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to add a road bike to "stable" (if one "tri-bike" can be considered a stable). Does anyone know of good place to get fit for a road bike in the Philly area? I was hoping to find a place that could take all my measurements and calculate (based on measurements and maybe various test fits) what my ideal bike tube dimensions would be. That way I could narrow my search to something that is in the ballpark. Or is that too scientific or too much to ask? And what if that shop doesn't carry a brand I'm interested in? Any help would be appreciated!

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike fit in Philly are [bpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cadencecycling.com/

never been there but positively reviewed on pezcyclingnews.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite Bicycles. Dave Greenfield is FIST certified and has years of experience. He's fitted almost everyone I train with and they all are 100% satisfied.

info@elitebicycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second David Greenfield with Elite cycles, I have a tri bike and road bike from him which are awesome. Both fit me like a glove. See the man, he will take care of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

cadence looks like a great shop, if you're prepared to spend some serious cash. but my sense is it's mostly a place where you pick everything out yourself - first the frame, then the components, wheelset, stem/handlebars, etc.... and when you do it that way it's a lot more money. that said, their stuff is really sweet.

cycles bikyle is pretty into getting your fit right. good store, although pretty disorganized, out in bryn mawr.

i'm curious what other places people will recommend...
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike fit in Philly are [urbanrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to respectfully disagree with the recommendation for Cycles BiKyle. I have yet to see them get a fit right, unless you like riding with your saddle 1-2 inches too low. Be nice to your knees and see someone who knows what they're doing.

Echoing earlier comments, Dave Greenfield is probably one of the top 5 fitters in the country.
Quote Reply