Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road bike fit adjustment question
Quote | Reply
I have a 2014 Jamis Ventura Race Road Bike. I use this bike for most of my outdoor rides rather than my triathlon bike. When I purchased my triathlon bike I had a retul fitting for the triathlon bike and this road bike. The fitter adjusted the road bike as much as he could without changing out components and I am really borderline having to stretch my arms, just a little, to have my hands in a comfortable position on the hoods. It's something I've noticed on longer rides and it's starting to make it uncomfortable. I feel like stretching out like that is putting more load on my back. The seat is as far forward as it will go and he had moved the shifters back as far as he could. It felt comfortable at the fitting but he did say after riding awhile if I have issues come back to make an adjustment. I now live like 3 states away so I won't be traveling back but I am wondering what my options are to make adjustments on the bike. It's really a matter of inches. I would guess it's really no more than a couple inches max and the fit would be fine. Is a shorter stem the answer? An angled seat post?
Quote Reply