Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death.
Quote | Reply
I can seem to let this email go. Ive been a customer of RRS for 15 years, and Ive always found their prices to be fair and have excellent customer service. But, a little while ago I get an email with the following title: Erik, CRITICAL ALERT. Now Is NOT the Time to Give Up on Your Health. And the content tells me to get off the couch and take control of my health by using a discount offer.

Im pretty sure that having just come back from a 11-mile run in 30 degree NY winter weather qualifies me as looking to stay fit, along with just having done an IM a few months prior; so, this email offended me. What would it mean to someone who is sickly and/or depressed?

For the first time in my life, I wrote in a complaint. The email response was nice enough, and they offered me a discount on my next purchase. This made is worse, since Ive been hammered with DONT WAIT! discounts from them on a daily basis for months. So, Ive since canceled my membership, which is just as well since I have a great running shop nearby.

Does anyone else get why Im offended, or am I being an ass?
Last edited by: solo: Mar 26, 09 3:35
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [solo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not an ass. More pu$$y than ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats something I wouldnt complain about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you think they sent that same e-mail (Insert Name:) to everyone else on their mailing list? Or
do you think they're just singling you out?

Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not an ass. More pu$$y than ass.
Seems like this day in age, there's a lot more important things to be upset about.

Quote | Reply
Road Runner picks their customers to message with many tools, Oujia boards, Clarivoyants and some other sources....Turns out that Solo is going to die.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they get wind of this post they'll issue an e-mail apology and offer an additional 5% off your next purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can seem to let this email go. Ive been a customer of RRS for 15 years, and Ive always found their prices to be fair and have excellent customer service. But, a little while ago I get an email with the following title: Erik, CRITICAL ALERT. Now Is NOT the Time to Give Up on Your Health. And the content tells me to get off the couch and take control of my health by using a discount offer.

Im pretty sure that having just come back from a 11-mile run in 30 degree NY winter weather qualifies me as looking to stay fit, along with just having done an IM a few months prior; so, this email offended me.

For the first time in my life, I wrote in a complaint. The email response was nice enough, and they offered me a discount on my next purchase. This made is worse, since Ive been hammered with DONT WAIT! discounts from them on a daily basis for months. So, Ive since canceled my membership, which is just as well since I have a great running shop nearby.

Does anyone else get why Im offended, or am I being an ass?

This could be one of the saddest posts I've ever read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like a lot of businesses, they are probably really struggling. You have the choice of either kicking them when they're down or maybe 15 years of quality customer service and pricing would buy a little leeway in extraordinarily difficult times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand how you feel. Being fit is so important to you that their email is tantamount to an insult.
It's like an email blast going out to the general population that reads: "Stop abusing children...buy our stuff now"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree that you're being too sensitive here. This one of those things that you really should be spending your time and effort elsewhere than complaining to RR Sports about some email marketing, but that's your choice. Retailers are STRUGGLING these days, and at least at the RR Sports I shop at, the customer service is very good.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Offended by a mass email ad??.......HTFU.
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obv, I didnt think they singled me out for this email. Thats pretty rediculous.

Im only asking some like-minded people if this email would offend you. Im not taking the email personally, I just think its obnoxious. What if I was depressed or someone with health issues?

I guess I should have been more clear that I mostly stopped using their service because I dont like the 100 emails/week and the more RRS branded clothing. Its just not for me.
Last edited by: solo: Mar 25, 09 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsors By:
MasterCard Credit Card
Visa Credit Card
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If those sort of ads bother you, why not just stay a member and select to opt out of receiving ads? When I sign up for anything, I either use an alternate email address or uncheck/check the option to ensure I'm off the list for ads.
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [Tri Tiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny...I have the same sponsors...mastercard/visa...and sometimes discover.

http://www.loopd.com/...pzuelke/Results.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have way too much time on your hands. HTFU and lower your saddle. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [apzuelke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to meet a fell Team member. MasterCard in conjunction with co-sponsor ChainLove hooked me up with a new pair of Smith Sunglasses today. They are alway giving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsors By:
MasterCard Credit Card
Visa Credit Card
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work as a creative director at an ad agency and we're always having to remind our clients that no matter what we do there will always be some douche bag who is offended. Today, you are that d-bag. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Im only asking some like-minded people if this email would offend you.[/quote] No, it would not offend me. I would not feel anything whatsoever one way or the other. It's an AD. If I need what they are advertising I would take a look other wise I just would erase the email. It's beyond ridiculous that some one would get offended by something like that.

Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I work as a creative director at an ad agency and we're always having to remind our clients that no matter what we do there will always be some douche bag who is offended. Today, you are that d-bag. :-)
Bingo. There are bigger things in the world to worry about, like who is on the next cover of "Stuff." Or did that magazine go out of business? Hmmmm...

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you also get this upset when you get a flyer offering gutter cleaning services right after you've cleaned your gutters? How dare them offer cleaning services and insult the fine job you did cleaning your own gutters? What, they think they can do a better job?! The bastards!

Seriously- chill out. You're either overtrained or not training enough. Figure out which and either go for a run or go have a donut.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. I thought the thread in the womens yesterday was the dumbest thread ever. Well, you've taken it to new heights. Way to go! Dumbass.

Quote | Reply
Yep, I am offended that I just wasted three valuable minutes of my life reading this.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Last edited by: CaptainCanada: Mar 25, 09 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: Road Runner Sports told me Im Near-Death. [triguy42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
like who is on the next cover of "Stuff." Or did that magazine go out of business? Hmmmm...
Do you remember the creepy stuffed animals they would have on the last page for the first couple of years? Those were AWESOME!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply

Prev Next