Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Right aeroshifter won't shift
Quote | Reply
I am looking for help in solving a, hopefully, easy problem. I have Ultegra Di2 on my road bike. It is 6770 ( 10 speed ). About two years ago, I put on additional bar-end aeroshifters and connected everything with a 5 port junction. All worked well. A cable frayed on the left shifter, which I replaced. Now, the left shifter works but the right does not. I tried the right shifter on my TT bike and it works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Right aeroshifter won't shift [tsmologne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swap out parts between the bikes and see where the problem lies.
Shifter sounds good. Now try the cable and junction box.
Quote Reply
Re: Right aeroshifter won't shift [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried new 5 port junction and still does not work. The shifters with the brakes and the left aeroshifter work fine then and now. I read somewhere to NOT do a firmware update but is that something I should try to do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have the older style wires, correct?
If so, the FW update will lock out certain combinations of components that were comparable with the older FW. so, if you have all matched sets, there is no reason not to update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can do a firmware update of every part like fd, rd , battery and all shifters everything will work. But you need the special Shimano tool for that. You cannot do it with the standard battery charger connected to the computer.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Right aeroshifter won't shift [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an external battery that is on the seat tube. I charge it in its own charger. Will the cable that connects into the 5 port junction work?
Quote Reply