Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding in Clearwater FL
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have some recommendations for decent areas to ride in and around Clearwater? I am at a conference next week thursday to monday and thinking of bringing my bike.

Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Clearwater FL [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seth,

What are you work hours? It is daylight just after 6:30 and dark at 5:45. (2 weeks ago, so take some time off each side). That does not leave a lot of time to ride outdoors depending on what time you have to start given that you'll have the additional hassle of transporting your bike. Are you staying at Clearwater Beach, in which case just head south and it seemed like you can go on forever on the spit of land between the Gulf of Mexico and intercoastal waterway.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Clearwater FL [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

I have all day on thursday and the morning on friday so hoping to get a good ride in on thursday and a few hours in on friday, before I get back to skiing!

I just got a Ritchey Break Away Bike so I'm keen to try it out. Its amazing that the entire bike fits into a smallish sized suitcase!!
http://www.ritcheylogic.com/...dfamily.php?k=114343

I am staying at The Sand Pearl Resort which seems to be near Clearwater Beach. On Google maps hwy 699 or Gulf Blvd seems to run the length of the spit of land you refer to. Is that decent to ride on or is it full of traffic?

Cheers
Seth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this may be to late, but gulfway blvd is an awesome road to ride. bike lanes on both sides and goes a long time. get side tracked to the east a bit and get on the penalas trail. have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, I need to get one of those bikes...that's sweet man! You can take something like that on a biz trip for sure. Even the Akona case is cumbersome to lug around when you are doing multiple cities over several days.

From where you are, you can actually just go south and hit the 699 and it has a nice shoulder and you can ride forever, or if you want "hills" you can do repeats over the High 60 bridge that they use on the race course. It's actually a really nice spot to ride with a big huge shoulder.

Dev
Quote Reply