Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reynolds DV vs. Zipp 404
Quote | Reply
Looking at the tubular option in both, just wondering if anyone has ridden both or has an opinion on both? The Reynolds DV is slightly lighter, but the Zipp is slightly deeper. I can get either for about the same price.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds DV vs. Zipp 404 [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had both , liked the zipps much better (faster) but the reynolds look like they are built better
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds DV vs. Zipp 404 [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weight is way overrated. Aerodynamics are as well, but not quite as much. The Zipps will be faster, and the improved aerodynamics makes up for any weight penalty on all but the steepest climbs. That being said, the aerodynamic advantage of the Zipps over the Reynolds is less than 30 seconds over 40K. While that is a HUGE amount for TT'ers and pro's, it is not a deal breaker for most people. If it is for you, then you have your answer. If not, you are getting a great wheel either way. I've seen equal claims about great construction (~95% of reviews) for both as poor reviews (~5% of reviews).

It's basically a coin toss. Big races have been won on both. TriSports.Com has Reynolds available for demo. Not sure if they have Zipps, but the Zipps are more common, so finding a pair to take for a test shouldn't be that hard. Remember, tires will play a HUGE role in how the wheels feel though.

I, personally, would get the Zipps. That way, if you ever want a matching disc, you can get one. Reynolds has still been unable to produce their disc in anything but prototype form.

FYI, the hubs on Reynolds are White Industries hubs, if you want to do some background research on those. Zipp hubs are made in house by them. Both are fantastic.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply