Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight
Quote | Reply
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...charmed-America.html

Cool vid. Cool story. Awesome if we see Nathan again.
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [strongnshaved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool video.

Also learned from your link. Anderson Cooper is gay (duh) and his BF is a cheatin' ho.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [strongnshaved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome! im not surprised at the disdain for the commercial either, some losers always need something to complain about. we cannot inspire obese people to lose weight, that would be terrible!!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Cool video.

Also learned from your link. Anderson Cooper is gay (duh) and his BF is a cheatin' ho.
Shit!

Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Cool video.

What the hell, man! No *spoiler* alert??? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kmill23 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Cool video.

What the hell, man! No *spoiler* alert??? ;-)

LOL! FTW!

I love that ad. How can that be controversial? Of course I came down to 140-150 from 200lbs (height of 5'6") by walking>jogging>running so I guess I can relate. I actually appreciate Nike for doing an ad like that and I do hope it inspires people to try and be healthy.

Then again I can't believe Anderson Cooper's BF is a cheating ho....
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I really enjoyed the whole "greatness" campaign. I thought it was the best advertising of the Olympics.
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
awesome! im not surprised at the disdain for the commercial either, some losers always need something to complain about. we cannot inspire obese people to lose weight, that would be terrible!!

well now they're trying to convince society obesity is a mental disorder. I saw a huge billboard saying "obesity is a disease not a choice!" in huge letters.

I found a cure and I'm going to make millions. It's DIET AND EXERCISE FOLKS!
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that is says that winning is all a matter of degree. We all start with a different base line and achieve / succeed from there. I like it.

"I love that ad. How can that be controversial? Of course I came down to 140-150 from 200lbs (height of 5'6") by walking>jogging>running so I guess I can relate. I actually appreciate Nike for doing an ad like that and I do hope it inspires people to try and be healthy. "
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:

yeah, the cure sucks. I went from 210 to 160 (5'7") over a 18months but I still have 10 to go to race weight. Nothing like trying to run quality 40+ mile weeks for marathon training while keeping up a 1 pound per week loss. It's simple but not easy.

That said, I love that NIKE commercial. I thought it was great and I really saw the message as "F-ing own it, no matter what you do or how you do it" It's funny, PC people get pissed when commercials only feature beautiful people yet when they throw in an obese teenager they also get pissy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the video and I like the message.
I will admit that I get a little smile when I see slightly overweight people running on the trail. It makes me think of myself when I started, of how hard those first runs are, how difficult it can be just to head out the door. I always hope they are starting something that is going to bring them the peace I found in running.
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:
veganerd wrote:

well now they're trying to convince society obesity is a mental disorder. I saw a huge billboard saying "obesity is a disease not a choice!" in huge letters.

No one wants the truth, because that requires hard work to fix the problem. It's a lot easier to blame something you can't control like "disease" or "genetics" or "the evil food companies" and beg for the cure all pill.

I've gone from 250 to 210 and am going for 170 over the next 12 months. I haven't found any magic bullets yet.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [Yknot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yknot wrote:
I like the video and I like the message.
I will admit that I get a little smile when I see slightly overweight people running on the trail. It makes me think of myself when I started, of how hard those first runs are, how difficult it can be just to head out the door. I always hope they are starting something that is going to bring them the peace I found in running.

Yeah, same here. I actually said "Wow" when I first saw the ad. I remember having knee and ankle pains when I tried running at 200lbs. So I walked and walked and walked... then walked.. skipped...jogged...walked.. till I can run. Took me a bit more than a year to lose 60lbs the right way. No fad diets just work on it and eat a bit healthier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I know a guy who is 5'3" and went from 320 to 140, absolutely unf*ckingbelievable. After losing all that weight, he's gone 11:30 for 2 miles, 37-ish for 10K, 3:0x for the mary, and finished a 50-miler in 8:xx. Also, while not in the military, he's in law school w/ a bunch of MIL guys and he did 160 push-ups w/o stopping to win their push-up competition. Talk about a turn-around, most unbelievable story I've ever heard in person.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the Bowerman quote:

"If you have a body, you're an athlete"
Quote Reply
Re: Revealed: The 200lb 12-year-old star of Nike's controversial new ad... and how he is now hitting the gym to lose weight [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
npage148 wrote:
It's simple but not easy.

good way of putting it

-Jason
Quote | Reply
It is inspiring and as a former school nurse and health care provider, it should have been done a long time ago. Kids will live up to the expectations given to them. I think it is a fabulous ad and I smile every time I see it.

Oh, I got beat by a bigger girl this weekend at my race. I did ok for me, 12 minutes off my last years time on this particular course, but it just goes to show you that size doesn't ensure swiftness in many cases. One of the many reasons triathlons are so interesting to me.
Quote Reply