Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rev3 West Virginia
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Rev3 Morgantown is sold out already? Just went to register my wife and the Active site says that registration is closed
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [thetriranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Active site says registration is closed, I have received no response to email inquiries to both rev3 and Active, and this race is not listed in the feedback form on the website. Is something going on with the event?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually registered for the Rev3 Adventure Race in the same location on Sat and the 70.3 on Sun, and went to check when I saw your post, and you're right, both of them are showing registration closed. No e-mails have been sent to registrants so far about any issues... Active shows someone last registered for the 70.3 three days ago, so it's a recent change...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What?!!? No way!
Attn:Charlie what's up?
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [franktheguard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys - know there hasn't been an official Rev3 response right now but sources tell me they are aware of the issue!

Stay tuned for an update!

Rusch Racing | website | @maggieru | Instagram
Ask me about: Alto Cycling | Cuore | Base Performance | XTERRA Wetsuits | Cadence Run Company | First Bourn. Coached by: Desert Dude

Last edited by: maggieru: Apr 25, 14 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is very, very unlikely this race is sold out.

Almost certainly a issue with registering online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt it is sold out, maybe they pulled the plug? I'm registered but I did it during early registration

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did I. Hoping it happens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Removed from Rev 3 website.
Sigh
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [franktheguard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All,
We will be notifying all of the athletes that have signed up today, but..... It is with sadness that we have to announce the cancellation of that event. I'll be as upfront as possible with this. Numbers were super low. Less then 100 athletes low. Without knowing what the later registrations would be, we just couldn't justify going forward with it at those numbers. We will be issuing full refunds as well as discounts off of future races. I'll be here to answer any and all questions you may have.

Charlie
http://www.rev3tri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [rev3tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charlie,

Thank you for taking the time to explain why the race was canceled, and doing so right away. Being open and honest with what is going on goes a long way.

See you in Williamsburg.

:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, I was worried about low attendance for this race. Sad because it's so close to my home :( and I was preregistered and looking forward to this venue.

Rev3 you guys are great!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Pittsburgh Triathlon was moved into the same date as the Rev3 Morgantown triathlon. There is a relatively short distance between the two locations. This did not help Rev3 at all and it is best for all that Rev3 remain a solid alternative to the well known triathlon brand of events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rev3tri wrote:
All,
We will be notifying all of the athletes that have signed up today, but..... It is with sadness that we have to announce the cancellation of that event. I'll be as upfront as possible with this. Numbers were super low. Less then 100 athletes low. Without knowing what the later registrations would be, we just couldn't justify going forward with it at those numbers. We will be issuing full refunds as well as discounts off of future races. I'll be here to answer any and all questions you may have.

Charliehttp://www.rev3tri.com[/quote[/url]]

Sorry to hear this. What about Pocono Mts? I hope it is still going on. Looks like it could be an amazing race.
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those folks still looking for the 70.3 distance event around the same weekend as Rev3 Morgantown please keep Challenge New Albany on your radar - just 3.5 hours to the west. So far more than 400 participants are registered from 30 states and 5 countries.

Love to have you at our race.

Sincerely,

Shannon Kurek, Race Director
Challenge New Albany
http://www.challenge-newalbany.com

Shannon Kurek

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, very sorry to hear this. I'm a Morgantown native and was really hoping that this would take off and do well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear as this was a perfectly timed warmup for Chattanooga. Looks like I'll be signing up for the Pittsburgh Olympic that weekend. I haven't received an official email yet, but I assume they will be going out shortly. I will see you at Quassy in June. Thanks for the information regarding West Virginia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thetriranger wrote:
Sorry to hear as this was a perfectly timed warmup for Chattanooga. Looks like I'll be signing up for the Pittsburgh Olympic that weekend. I haven't received an official email yet, but I assume they will be going out shortly. I will see you at Quassy in June. Thanks for the information regarding West Virginia.

Pittsburgh Olympic=== be very careful with this event. If there is a little too much rain in the day or two before the event, sewage overflows into the river you will be swimming in. I live in the area and there have been reports from the local ER centers about this issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charlie-

What is the status of the Rev3Adventure race that was to be held in Morgantown that weekend? Still on the Rev3Adventure site but also preventing registration.
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [hfpman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hfpman wrote:
For those folks still looking for the 70.3 distance event around the same weekend as Rev3 Morgantown please keep Challenge New Albany on your radar - just 3.5 hours to the west. So far more than 400 participants are registered from 30 states and 5 countries.

Love to have you at our race.

Sincerely,

Shannon Kurek, Race Director
Challenge New Albany
http://www.challenge-newalbany.com

Thanks for the info! Will look into it, puts me closer to family for a pre race visit.
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would second this. I raced Pittsburgh last year, i wont do it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race is over 3 mos away. This is odd to me and a huge disappointment.
Quote Reply
Re: Rev3 West Virginia [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up in the Pittsburgh area and swam in the Allegheny River all through high school without contracting anything. Did the Pittsburgh Olympic the inaugural year and had fun. The bike course is boring but liked the swim and run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got an official email cancelling the race due to lack of signups. Full refund or transfer and $15 discount off another race

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked racing morgantown when HFP had it. Then it fell apart with the 3 loop course. To see a race get cancelled 3 months in advance sucks. Then there is the whole pro purse thing. I haven't read through it all yet but, so it doesn't seem good. I'll take my refund and hit up some Setup events stuff locally.
Quote Reply

Prev Next