Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacing old running shoes
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

My shoes are pretty dead, but I can't get rid of them! pic here
I tried other shoes but always come back to the old ones.

Can someone recommend a good replacement, I'm looking for :
- 0 drop or close to
- light, minimalist style
- more robust than the last ones (only used for 1 year and a half and you see the result..)
- under 80$

Also what are your thoughts on buying shoes online? Maybe I could find some better prices/sales?
If you know good place to buy online that ships to Canada, would be nice to share!

Thanks!

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by pattersonpaul [ In reply to ]
Re: Replacing old running shoes [MaximumTrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try BrooksConnect2 if you can find any on close out.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can do 3 / 4 of your list with the Skora Form. The price tag is a bit more, due to the goat leather upper and sheep skin liner, but it's a hell of a shoe. Here are mine somewhere around 1K miles. They ended up lasting about 1100. The Fit is priced much less, has the same outsole but a mesh upper. They should hopefully be up on shoeme.ca sometime soon.

---
KyleKranz.com
Win a pair of SKORA Running Shoes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You want shoes that last more than 1.5 years!? And you want them to cost less than $80!?

How about some bicycle tires that last 3 years and cost $20?!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a nice hole. Usually people measure shoe life by miles rather than years. If it were me, and I still loved the shoes, I'd gorilla glue (or something more flexible) a patch in them.

Most of the shoes I've bought lately came from Ebay or Left Lane sports (not sure about LL and Canada). Left Lane has a lot of sales on Altra, Skora, NB (minimalist), Hoka and others. I been running in Bondi 3's that I bought slightly used (~15 miles) off Ebay for $50.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing old running shoes [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
You want shoes that last more than 1.5 years!? And you want them to cost less than $80!?
How about some bicycle tires that last 3 years and cost $20?!

Yeah that would be nice, I would kept my actual shoes if my feet was not going out of the shoe, I may try to repair them, thanks for the suggestion :)
I think you can keep your shoes way longer than what the manufacturer says (maximum miles). especially with minimalist shoes where nothing can really deteriorate (still got my fives fingers after 5 years, but not my main shoes)

I'll check the suggestions, thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quoteespecially with minimalist shoes where nothing can really deteriorate"

I can see from the pic of your shoes that they didn't deteriorate at all. Why do you want to replace them?

Do you rinse out, roll up, and re-use condums?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing old running shoes [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

I can see from the pic of your shoes that they didn't deteriorate at all. Why do you want to replace them?

Because of the hole, the fabric was not resistant enough, the sole is still 100% good.
I don't reuse stuff that is meant to be one-time use, but I don't like to waste my money if the thing is still good.

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Oct 24, 14 14:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to reiterate -

There is no such thing as "X" mileage in shoes until it's useless. You can theoretically run in shoes until they literally completely fall apart, the feel will change somewhat, but there is no substantiated evidence at all that you are risking increased injury by doing so. Unfortunately, that myth is still totally prevalent (runners saying they need to change shoes to avoid injury) and obviously the shoe companies love it.

Sure, with tons more miles, the midsole flattens out more and the tread wears, so the feel won't be exactly what it was when you bought it, and if that bothers you, go ahead change 'em up. Alternately though, those old shoes are nicely broken in and tried and tested, as opposed to a new unknown shoe which can bring a whole set of new problems.

I've been trying to kill a pair of Brooks Adrenalines I got 4 years ago. The lugs are almost all gone, it's browned and ugly, but the darn thing won't fall apart and I run just as fast in it as the other shoes. Friggin' thing won't die!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pearl izumi N0 - on sale
Quote Reply