Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacing a 30BB
Quote | Reply
I have a knock in my cranks, and need to replace my 30BB, according to my LBS, they are normally good guys, so I'm sure that's the case.

I have a SHIV SWORKS. How long should it last, bike is only 1 year old. I do average 700 Miles a month? How much should I expect to pay? The bike shop said it has to be a ceramic, I have no clue, I just pedal.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing a 30BB [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no reason to buy ceramic.

Buy some steel BB30 bearings on eBay for about $30 and install them yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing a 30BB [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
I have a knock in my cranks, and need to replace my 30BB, according to my LBS, they are normally good guys, so I'm sure that's the case.

I have a SHIV SWORKS. How long should it last, bike is only 1 year old. I do average 700 Miles a month? How much should I expect to pay? The bike shop said it has to be a ceramic, I have no clue, I just pedal.

Thanks.
I'd be surprised if the bearings were actually worn out. Perhaps they just need grease / loctite / adjustment but the bearings themselves should last many, many miles. You don't need ceramic.

//BB30 sucks and manufacturers need to stop selling it, especially the Specialized design with the delrin cups but that's a topic for another day.
Quote Reply