Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Repairing Desoto shorts
Quote | Reply
Got hom from my commute today and plopped down on the couch. Sitting there I noticed a draft where there shouldn't be one. Checked and yes the seam high on the left leg had let go on my Power shorts. I'm a fair hand with thread and needle and moneys a bit tight so I would like to see if I can save them, my questions is the material is very stretchy, what kind of thread should I use? and should I stretch the material a little bit as I stitch it or no? Yes I know I should just toss them but would like to try and fix them. I also know I can't get a flat seam but I think that if I put the "seam" on the outside they shouldn't chafe.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Repairing Desoto shorts [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not send them to Desoto for repair. I did - they came back as good as new. I may have paid $10 for it - can't recall exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: Repairing Desoto shorts [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i second JohnA's recommendation. send them to DeSoto for repair. that's what Emilio would tell you to do...and probably will when he sees this thread! (no pun intended) :)

actually, i'm about to do that very thing. off to the post office after my swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will fix it for you for free. Send it back to the address below my name (Attn: REPAIRS) along with a copy of your email. The product must be washed and clean prior to returning it. Be sure to include your return address and telephone number. We will repair it and send it back out within a week from the day we receive it. Use the attached return form.

Kind regards, Emilio

Emilio De Soto II
Founder/President/Triathlete

De Soto Sport Triathlon Company
7584 Trade Street San Diego, CA 92121
emilio@desotosport.com Tel: 858 578 6672 Fax: 858 578 6021
www.desotosport.com Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990
www.t1wetsuits.com The world's most innovative Triathlon Wetsuit

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Repairing Desoto shorts [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Emilio.

Jim

Quote Reply
Re: Repairing Desoto shorts [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy and his company blows my mind. his stuff is excellent, and his customer service is so far beyond what I've come to expect I lack the superlatives to describe it.

really, why would anyone buy anything else? desoto is a class act.

(to the naysayers .... im not in the business. i dont sell anything. i dont know emilio. ive no vested interest in whether or not desoto succeeds or fails as company, beyond the obvious fact i like their stuff.)

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you already had an answer from DeSoto...same thing happened to me last year. Sent 'em back. Got a new pair.

They not only have good products, but they are great to deal with. Just got a pair of the 400 Mile Bike Shorts and they are great....

John F. Martin, Jr.
+1 (614) 403-0567
jfm225@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see? what'd i tell you? lol. he's automatic.
Quote Reply
Re: Repairing Desoto shorts [klointheridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my T-1 bibjohn back from DeSoto. There was a problem with the seam on the suspender, and they fixed it for free. They even fixed various rips throughout the suit that were my fault. Just got it back today. That's what I call customer service.

Now if only the water temps in the Russian River would take a dip so I can actually use the damned thing this weekend at Vineman 70.3. That wetsuit makes this BOP swimmer into a MOP'er (still trying to fix my body position in the pool).

------------------------
I'm a tri newbie. I'm still getting used to wearing lycra in public.
Quote Reply
Re: Repairing Desoto shorts [kooyaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, i just sent mine out for a tear. not sure how it happened but Emilio again offered to fix it for free.

good luck with the water temps! i just did a wetsuit free swim in a race on sunday and it was horrible. lol. wetsuits RULE for people like me who can't swim.
Quote Reply