Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rental race wheels at Kona
Quote | Reply
I've got a HED JET 6 front and HED Disc. I'm trying to find a JET 6 or 9 rear for the race. I see Race Day Wheels will be there but all they have are Zipp's. I'm trying not to spend $165 for wheels. I'm wondering if anyone whose been there knows if any other vendors show up? Anyone want to rent me a rear wheel? I haven't had any luck with local shops renting HED.
Last edited by: ffmedic84: Sep 7, 17 9:22
Quote Reply
Re: Rental race wheels at Kona [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
I've got a HED JET 6 front and HED Disc. I'm trying to find a JET 6 or 9 rear for the race. I see Race Day Wheels will be there but all they have are Zipp's. I'm trying not to spend $165 for wheels. I'm wondering if anyone whose been there knows if any other vendors show up? Anyone want to rent me a rear wheel? I haven't had any luck with local shops renting HED.

Give this place a try: I don't know if they'll ship to Kona for you, or if you'll need to pack and carry them.
http://www.podiumwheelrentals.com/hed-wheels/

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Rental race wheels at Kona [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had looked at them. They want $165 for a single wheel. I could use Race Day Wheels in Kona for $165 and not worry about traveling with the wheels.
Thanks though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about alternatives. I bit the bullet with race day wheels; overall, I think it's a fair price given the cost of the wheels, sending them to Kona, installing etc. I only have zipp 404s and I want to see what the 808s are like before deciding if they are worth buying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be in kona and can let you borrow some wheels if you want. I don't have any heds but I do have a set of enve 3.4 with powertap hub or a set of zipp 60s. I could also bring an 808 rear if you prefer.
Quote Reply
Re: Rental race wheels at Kona [NTJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NTJ wrote:
I will be in kona and can let you borrow some wheels if you want. I don't have any heds but I do have a set of enve 3.4 with powertap hub or a set of zipp 60s. I could also bring an 808 rear if you prefer.

I appreciate the offer. I've got a couple other feelers out but I'll be in touch shortly. Thanks!
Quote Reply