Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recovery time in Aircast for ball of foot pain (metatarsalgia)
Quote | Reply
I have been experiencing some pain in my left foot under my 2nd metatarsal when walking/running (especially on hard floors). I ran on this for about 3 months (~40 miles a week). Decided to take some time off to let it heal. After a month, I saw very little improvement. I went to the podiatrist who put me in an aircast and scheduled an x-ray. Negative for a stress fracture. Then I had a MRI, which the podiatrist said was normal, no tears. The doc said it was only an overuse injury and to continue to rest in the aircast and ice, which I have been doing. I do not experience much pain while walking in the aircast, but I haven't really tested my foot either. However, when I get up first thing in the morning, I continue to have pain in the ball of the foot and the top of the second toe. I've now been off of running for 7 weeks and in the aircast for 3 weeks. I was assuming I would see some progress by now.

Has anyone else had experience with resting this injury, particularly in an aircast? When did you start to notice improvements? Were the improvements gradual or sudden? I'm just hoping that that this will clear up at the magic "4 week" mark and I can ease back into activity. Thanks in advance for the information.
Quote Reply