Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recovery Tools: Which to get; opinions wanted.
Quote | Reply
So I would like to hear from people who have used Norma Tech/Podium Legs and/or a Compex Trainer. I would like to pick one up, just wanted to see if I could get any user insight.

I know they are very different. I know Norma Tech is a compression device and Compex is an electro stym device in which you have multiple settings, but I just wanted to see if anybody had used both and preferred on over the other in reguards to recovery as that is what I would use the device for most.

Thanks

-
-
"People said I was dumb, but I proved them!"
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery Tools: Which to get; opinions wanted. [triforrest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a Globus e-stim and LOVE it. We have also used it when I had PF and needed to rehab from that. Used it on my husband's back when he had a herniation and helped that as well.

Best money spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Norma tech is the best recovery tool of them, but honestly, do you really need it? How much do you really train? Have you focused on the big picture stuff before you spend your money on this?

Not trying to be a dick but these types of things are going to affect performance very minimally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello triforrest and All,

2XU compression tights (or similar) work for me after a hard training session to prevent cramps while sleeping and I feel better the next day.

http://www.2xu.com/mens/compression

Cheaper too.

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you are routinely doing 20+ hour weeks at good intensity, I'm not really sure something like that's worthwhile. Compression socks/tights and 'The Stick' do the trick for me, and my usual training week is in the 15 hr range. Also, structuring your training so you do active recovery is sometimes just as good.

Maybe you already have compression garments and do active recovery - heck, if you've got the money and want to spend it, go for it and report back to us!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a sucker for a lot of this crap. And it's just that: crap. The best "tools" are what the actual pros use: ice baths and massages. Since you probably can't afford a massage every other day, use a stiff roller and ball. And ice baths are actually not used on the pro level, but you probably can't find a place with a cryochamber or the high-end water circulatory system where you set the temp to the degree.
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery Tools: Which to get; opinions wanted. [jamesgoldstein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pros are using normatec boots and compex, along side the the ice and massage. I've seen Crowie in the ice bath, but we've got a water circulator and chiller now it really isn't that high end as it is plumed to a cattle feed tub thing.

You don't have to be doing 20hours to get the benefit from these items. I use them all almost daily now and it has allowed a pretty significant improvement this season allowing harder efforts more often. It is awesome to get a good workout in the morning and have normal/fresh feeling legs all day.

Now the cost vs benefit issue is up to the individual, we're luck to have All Sports Recovery / Fuelary in Boulder and now Denver so it is really cheap to have access to all these tools and the elites and professionals that come in and use them too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I love how I ask a simple question and people want to jump all over me about how I train and if I need it. For those of you that don't want to actively answer my question and just want to question whether I need them or not. Yes I train a lot, regularly over 20 hours a week, yes I train at high intensity most of that time. I'm an FOPer (backdoor brag a bit, but if people are going to question me here then...). My last 3 races I have finished 7,8, and 7 overall. I want something that may give me a little extra, and may allow me to get a couple more quality sessions a week. I already use the whole trigger point therapy kit. Like I said, I know what they do, I have done some homework, but I would like to hear from people that have used them.

Thanks

-
-
"People said I was dumb, but I proved them!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking from experience, I have to say the Normatec MVP model is awesome! 30 minutes is enough to flush out my legs and leave me ready the next day 95% of the time. I have also used Recovery Pump and would say if you are considering something like Normatec(from a price point) I would go with the NT.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Jeff Vanis' Blog | Challenge Family USA - Use code JVTRI15 to save 10% off your entry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regardless on whether you need it or not is irrelevant.

Get on the ice baths, even just some really cold rivers/beach etc works wonders. Find a good recover drink, get some good compression socks. The next step is the normatec boots. They are the bees knees. I see they've brought out a cheaper model. I'm tempted.

Quote | Reply
http://www.sportpump.com

Another option .
affordable , durable, portable compression system.

FDA Approved.
3 year warranty
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery Tools: Which to get; opinions wanted. [timmythompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SportPump was at the 70.3 in Boulder this weekend. Hundreds of triathletes were at our booth using our product throughout the weekend. Many of the triathletes who tried the SportPump also tried other compression pumps as well in the past - basically every name I read about here. The consensus (which we already knew) was that the SportPump performed just as well as any other pump on the market. And when they found out the cost, it was all the more appealing! Ben Hoffman is a SportPump user and stopped by our booth this weekend to talk about how SportPump works for him. And he has tried other pumps on the market. Angela Naeth also uses SportPump. If these two top triathletes are using SportPump and seeing results, how can they not work for everyone else? They're FDA approved, affordable, durable, and Made in the USA. And our site is always up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Podium Legs second version is tough and great for its price! Feel free to private message me for $25 off $799 coupon code! http://www.podiumlegs.com
Quote Reply