Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for HR Training Book
Quote | Reply
I am definitely going to take the plunge and get a Forerunner 305. I have used a HR monitor before and Garmin before, but never in one unit. While having previously used a HRM before, I only looked at training strategies using it online. I am inspired to really build a HRM based training plan to get the most out of my new toy.

Can anyone make a recommendation as to a run/cycle/tri HRM training book to use to build?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for HR Training Book [jamiewilson3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heart Rate Training for the Compleat Idiot by John Parker, Jr - bad title but a good book that explains all the basics and theory behing hr training, if you want to get more into the science of it check out - Lactate Threshold Training by Peter Janssen, lots of charts, graphs and equations - good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for HR Training Book [jamiewilson3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob Sleamaker's S.E.R.I.O.U.S. Training for Serious athletes. One of the original "periodicity" books with both explanation and training templates for different sports at different distances. It does not get too detailed (some have 15 HR zones) and hence is readable and gives you all you need from newbie to seasoned athlete.
Quote Reply