Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recomendations for some quick-release road fenders
Quote | Reply
I think I would like some easy on, easy off fenders for wet riding this fall and winter. I'm cosidering the Zefal Protektor and SRS Raceblade, the Zefals are much cheaper. Anyone out there use them and how well do they work?

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Recomendations for some quick-release road fenders [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SKS Race Blades are very nice. Easy on/off. Not the cheapest, but the good stuff never is.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recomendations for some quick-release road fenders [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
only used the race blades - work well enough. Only thing you need to do is attach own fender extenders. And if you have a small bike or one with little clerance the front fender can be hard or near impossible to put on. I reckon these to be the best bike related invention in the last few years!

Re: Recomendations for some quick-release road fenders [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fender extenders, what are they? Do the SRS Race Blades keep your backside dry?

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
often the fenders are not long enough. If you dont ride in a pack this is not an issue, the fenders as they are will keep your bum dry. However if you ride in a pack without the extenders the person behind you will get all wet and muddy. All we do is cut old water bottles in half and attach it to the fender (punch a hole through the fender and bolt it through)

Re: Recomendations for some quick-release road fenders [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very clever.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folks have pretty much nailed it.

The race fenders won't really cut it for training. And...the full Planet Cycles fenders are just parachutes.

It's a tough call, depends on your application.

I found some Zefels that work well with some modification. If you want my Planet Cycles, I'd send then to you for $15....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree that the Race Blades are nice. I'm even cheaper than those that use old water bottles for "buddy flaps." I just took some duct tape, doubled it over and attached it to the end of the fender. Worked for me.

Richard
Quote Reply