Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Really expensive bar tape...
Quote | Reply
I went to my LBS the other day looking for some bar tape. It was supposed to be a pretty straightforward affair - in and out in a flash, maybe $10-15. All I needed was some cork tape to finish up a bike I'm building for a friend of mine.

So how in the hell did I walk out of there with a track frame!!!

No, it's not "buyer's remorse"... I'm very pleased with my new frame. I'm just wondering how often this happens to the rest of y'all.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Really expensive bar tape... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like a moth to a flame. I loved working sales in a bike shop, watching the bike junkies get all glassy eyed over the new gear and needing to have it NOW. Happy customers was #1 priority.

Quote | Reply
Same sorta thing happened to me after Kona last year. I was kicking back watching tele one afternoon, and saw an ad on TV advertising a 6pm-midnight sale - with $1sausage sizzle if you were hungry. You guessed it, I was over there quick as a flash (read: I was a little hungry, and besides I had time to kill.) Before I knew it, I bought a fridge reduced from $1299 to $899.

pinkboy...and yes, I spent the last buck on a sausage in bread!

In the power never given to me in the name of slowman, king high ruler and Grand Hunky Poo Ba of the blessed land of Slowtwitchia I dub thee "Sir pinkboy the Awsomator" This honor is given to thee for the reason of being not only freakin' awsome but totally sweet. By the use of the color Pink to fly your freak flag and bring smiles to frowny faces. *Mr. Tibbs*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! As short as I am, it is a rare day that I walk into the LBS and find a bike on the floor that will fit me. Kind of cuts down on the impulse buys. A few months ago, the LBS had a C'dale CX bike. I would have bought that in a heartbeat, but it was (as usual) much too big.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, In May of this year walked in for some maintenenance on my 2003 Soft Ride Qualifier, and walked out with a brand new Guru Tri-Lite. So I guess I had a very expensive tune up, or better yet I had my ride pimped.

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won a Peak Bar on the Trek Lucky 7 Sweepstakes ... retail $2 ... however, when I went down to the LBS (Pro Pedals - Hammonton, for all the SoJay peeps) to pick it up, I got grips for the chopper, tape for the road bike, new training wheels for Mariel's bike (she beat the crap out of the factory supplied Disney ones) and Lance's Trek t-shirt with the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 gear shift.

The free Peak bar cost me $40, and 90 minutes, but I made some new friends.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply