Re: bikesportmichigan [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Mucus -

Lawyers stink only until you need one.

http://thechuckblog.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Herniation Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which came first, the lawyers or the lawsuit?
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [ironmangreg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
am i the only one that finds this thread hilarious?
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The system analysts came first, who fucked up their work, and required lawyers to clean up the mess.

http://thechuckblog.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best post in weeks....
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Herniation Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]The system analysts came first, who fucked up their work, and required lawyers to clean up the mess.[/reply]

lol...except the lawyers couldn't figure out how to turn on their laptops and tablets so they sued the PC manufacturers, the tablet chasis manufacturers, the third guy on the factory floor who installed the locking mechanism, Microsoft and the truck driver who delivered the laptop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
actually I find it sad - this forum is so biased towards certain brands/people that they can't possibly accept that this guy is just one unsatisfied customer. If it weren't for people like them, it would be hard to find real people's opinions when considering a new purchase. There's always a lemon, a bad day, a bad experience; but noooo, you can't possibly talk about here.
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [deechee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we can. I have tried. I appreciate the support to be sure and I appreciate a balance toward fairness.

Your thread is a balance toward fairness. I would like to think, if someone reads my replies, they are my attempt at fairness also.

But I agree with you: the value of this forum is that no one is beyond question or criticism, especially fair and honest criticism. I think Greg has a fair and honest criticisim of his bike and of us, and I said that in an earlier posting in this thread.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But such a bias is justified. We get to know Tom, and Gerard, and others by their posts. We get to see firsthand how they deal with problems and consumers. If they were jerks that would also show through their posts. They deserve some credit for being available and laying it on the line a lot of the time. If principals from Cannondale, Nytro or Orca were regular posters and as straight up as Tom and Gerard always are then maybe there would be a bias toward those companies.
Last edited by: johnt: Sep 20, 05 7:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
back from sojourn (with appropriate credits to our Sojourner for appropriating his word...)

I don't think people here are questioning whether this person is unsatisfied. He clearly is unsatisfied with his experience.

What they, and I object to is the overwrought smear of Bikesport and Tom. We have not only Tom's own posts, but those of many satisfied customers to build an image of a man and a shop that will go further than most in making a purchase at his business a positive one. This report paints a picture completely out of character for Tom and his shop. At the end of the day...one bad experience does not a bad shop make. To impute otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

Just because the customer IS always right doesn't mean the world revolves around them. The details in this thread indicate to me that Tom is making a more than reasonable man's effort to satisfy this customer. Some customers, as noted, are beyond pleasing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really is absurd. I like the way some people jumped all over Greg, assumed he made up this whole story, called him a troll, and demonstrated a blind allegiance to Tom D. without knowing anything about the actual issue. It's absurd, sad, funny. What entertainment! Keep it up folks.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
deechee, you don't have to tell me twice! i nearly got mobbed on here for asking why everyone is always sucking cervelo's cock. LOL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's a huge difference between posting a bad experience and posting (basically), "this guy screwed me, don't ever go there" , especially when you've never posted anything else.

that being said, Tom can go f*&% himself!

;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Chunky Lover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]It really is absurd. I like the way some people jumped all over Greg, assumed he made up this whole story, called him a troll, and demonstrated a blind allegiance to Tom D. without knowing anything about the actual issue. It's absurd, sad, funny. What entertainment! Keep it up folks.[/reply]

I think it has to do with what others have said about being loyal. Tom posts here a LOT with some great info about bikes/triathlons and gives people lots of information to ponder. We have become to think of Tom more of a friend than anything else. And I don't know about you but I know I stick up for my friends, almost blindly, no matter what they do. I would have to say most people would do that for their friend. So when someone comes on and bad mouths a friend, what do you think is going to happen.
That said, it would have been better if this guy was more constructive with his rant. That would have gotten him a lot further on this board.
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Dude, next time just go to Mission Bay...[/reply]

Funny! That makes ready this post wothwhile.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, my problem is not with you. As always, you appear to be doing everything to try to "make things right". I find it amazing that an owner of a shop will defend his employees, and do so much for this tri community.

Too many people were reading "between the lines". Ironmangreg's first post sounded as thought it were written in haste, and in frustration. Instead of people waiting for you to respond (as you so often do) there was name calling, insulting ("why can't athletes fix their bikes?") etc. Gee, that upset him? I'm just sorry that "we" managed to make someone relatively unwelcome here.

One of these days I'll have drive to your shop and form my own opinion...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
deechee, you don't have to tell me twice! i nearly got mobbed on here for asking why everyone is always sucking cervelo's cock. LOL!!!
Be careful, if you say anything bad about Cervelo oneforty.6 will accuse you of attacking the forum, LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [ironmangreg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, Greg is long gone from the thread so he won't be seeing all the responses.

I must tell you that I think the policy of no critical comments about retailers leads to some problems on ST. We get a bias toward good reviews. We need to be careful not to end up like the ads for movies where they just put in snippets of the reviews that like the movie.

It sounds like the guy is a pain. And Tom, (thank you for your extensive info on your website, by the way, it is a big help to a lot of people), you seem to have handled things about as well as could be expected. If you were my LBS in Chicago, I would take that as a sign that you are just the type of place to deal with in the future. We should cut the guy some slack, though, in that Tom told us that the things the guy got so agitated about really did happen. If you shell out many thousand bucks for a new bike and you have clanking and your headset comes loose, even if that is some snafu from the manufacturer you can see why he got mad. Sounds like he misdirected his anger at you Tom.

Did we ever resolve why the guy wanted the Felt and not another Softride?
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, i would stop short of refering to Greg as a pain. Within the last two hours Greg accepted what was a reasonable reconciliation of the matter.

In my book, that makes him a reasonable man who had a valid concern that has been addressed.

Hopefully.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Chunky Lover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless I'm mistaken Dan has repeatedly stated that such negativity directed toward ANY multisport business person will not be tolerated. I suspect this thread will disappear as soon as he sees it.

Second most people that get so insensed about a loose/lose/loooose handle bar and a bottem bracket creak that they are willing to "Warn" people and smear a companies name are likely not easy to deal with.

I think most peoples reaction would have been the same had the OP stated "Stay away from Ford cars because the door on my Focus rattles".

I do believe Tom deserves more crap than he gets. But probably gives more to the community than most as well...so maybe a wash.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You gave him a Soft Ride in exchange for a B2?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who is a Bikesport customer and an acquaintance of Greg's, I felt like some sort of positive resolution was possible. I am glad that you were able to make it happen.
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]My British sense of Humour at last finds an audience, thankyou.

Weeman[/reply]

uh, nigel molesworth the curse of st custard's as any fule kno ?
Quote Reply
Re: bikesportmichigan [Saber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i will kick oneforty.6's ass, and he knows it!

(just kidding...we're good pals. and i don't think i could kick his ass. well, maybe...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next