Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom...
Quote | Reply
...drum riser and vinyl dot pattern garage floor, four power strips, a sub-woofer and a shitload of zip ties and weird assorted other crap?

Our new Computrainer Multi-rider thingy. And it is finally (more or less) done- or as done as its going to get before we start hitting hard.

The thing came out cool. You can race your buddies and watch on your telemetry on the screen in front of you and also watch a race on DVD or whatever you want on another flat-panel above it.

It came out pretty good. We've already had some customers in to ride it and have had some spirited rides. More to come. Big fun.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, pictures or it doens't exist. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It exists, believe me....i've already had my a** kicked on it. It's a lot of fun. Come check it out!

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photos prolly tomorrow. I want to shoot some pics with guys riding on it for full effect. It's cool though. You can never have enough big screen TV's.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be in tomorrow to get my arse kicked again. see you then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This would be awesome winter motivation. Too bad I don't live close to Michigan.
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [MNyquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good, we'll take photos of you! What time?

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You can never have enough big screen TV's.....

Projectors in a really dark room.

can't wait to see the pictures.
Last edited by: Dave G: Nov 10, 06 16:07
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [MNyquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roundhouse Matt, roundhouse to the jaw!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you should see it now. It is pretty cool....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking forward to seeing the competed setup. Is there some other course that won't give me an average HR of 178?!!! You guys are killin' me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually thinking of doing the flat ten mile TT course as a baseline for seeing what kind of effort I can put out right now. It would just be a 10 mile drag race- nasty.

The great thing about the Computrainer is it compells you to go hard. The bad thing about the Computrainer is it compells you to go hard...

At least now we can watch movies and ride the Computrainer at the same time, so that makes the entire experience a trifle less brutish and a little more in line with off-season base building.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you need a baseline, sounds like it's time to join in the fun HR has been posting for us. Dig up the thread on their computrainer challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds good. I would like to figure out my baseline as well. I have been updating my training log w/ avg HR and avg watt info from our last few workouts. Should be interesting to look back at this in a few months.

I'm also interested in checking out some of the real courses...I may extend the workout a little tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, and I thought I had the most toys. :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Our new Computrainer Multi-rider thingy.

Is this the official name you are using... might want to think of something a little more snazy.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet i would love to see those pics!

how many CT's do you have chained up?

how well does the drafting function work in a group ride setting? wow i would love to set up that type of thing for winters....for now its just me and the metal man...or

you can check out...oops edit cmetri beat me to it...

http://www.nextideas.ca/ct/default.asp

HR posts an LT (and other) courses for people to ride and post their results..might give you a bigger pool if you like to compare. its great motivation.

movie at the same time as telemetry...cripes...again pics please!
Last edited by: Dumper: Nov 10, 06 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought you were going to say Kiss concert at Cobo Hall. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [Dumper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've got a grand total of five Computrainers with three joined together in the Multirider thingy. There is a fella out there tearing it up right now as a matter of fact.

Photos later....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someday, all bike shops will be made this way (sigh)!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The great thing about the Computrainer is it compells you to go hard. The bad thing about the Computrainer is it compells you to go hard...

Absolutely--watching the watts is like having a coach screaming in your ear "PICK IT UP, PICK IT UP, DON'T LET UP, FIVE MINUTES LEFT, PUSH IT, PUSH IT"

Meanwhile your face is covered with sweat and snot and spittle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So do we make appointments to come in and ride this thing or what?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumor has it that STers can come in and ride for free until the end of the year... True?

Are you still working on a business model? Another bike shop in the metro area has a similar setup, but it seems a little pricey.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [sc3826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Another bike shop in the metro area has similar setup"

ST members get reduced rates for the Computrainer room along with information from 2 USA Cycling Level 2 Certified Coaches on training through the end of the year. Reduced rates are also in effect for coached classes and uncoached sessions. The year-round training room has 6 units, an overhead LCD projected screen, music system (bring your ipod to hook in if you'd like), and over 300 courses. Custom training plans are also avail for those who wish to ride at home. In pool training is also avail from swim coach with 15 yrs experience. Fraser Michigan is worth the drive.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Steve Prefontaine
Quote Reply
Re: What takes 2 big screens, $10,000+, 2 computers, three music stands, a custom... [sc3826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. It's free.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next