Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tour de France New Equipment thread....
Quote | Reply
new Giro TT lid....kinda ugly, kinda cool. Visor wraps really far around the sides.

Looked like a new Bontrager snub-nosed TT lid

After some speculation that a new Specialized TT frame, Astana and Etixx still on Shiv TT's. (Side note - Cav had a VERY wide arm position)

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was that a new TT frame from Orbea? Couldn't tell for sure....

New Catlike "no tail" TT lid w/ visor on Quintana...doesn't look particularly aero, IMO.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Jul 4, 15 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anybody get me a ruling on T. Voeckler's shorty chamois? They UCI approved?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

New Catlike "no tail" TT lid w/ visor on Quintana...doesn't look particularly aero, IMO.

I know this is the equipment thread, but it seemed like Quintana spent a ton of time out of the aero on even gradual turns. Maybe he just wanted to play it safe, but many of the curves seemed reasonable to stay in the aero. Maybe just not enough time on his aero gear? His position looked pretty good for a tiny guy on 700's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
new Bonti tail lights on the Speed Concept.

it worked. I am online shopping while I watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Power13 wrote:

I know this is the equipment thread, but it seemed like Quintana spent a ton of time out of the aero on even gradual turns. Maybe he just wanted to play it safe, but many of the curves seemed reasonable to stay in the aero. Maybe just not enough time on his aero gear? His position looked pretty good for a tiny guy on 700's

Well spotted, dev.....I had the exact same thought. For a guy who has clearly worked on his position, he needs to stay aero more.

A great position doesn't help if you don't use it!!

Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and Canyon needs to get to the US. they will sell a lot of bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryder is in on an older Slice RS frame (that of the ugly sea toots design).

Interesting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, i just saw it on bauke mollema's bike. cool. great. great message all the way around. best thing i've seen cycling do in awhile.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
yeah, i just saw it on bauke mollema's bike. cool. great. great message all the way around. best thing i've seen cycling do in awhile.

Trek has been making a lot of effort lately in this area.....great idea to have the team riders using them in the Tour. Great platform and reach and the message that if it is cool enough for these guys, it is cool enough for you.

Props to Trek.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Ryder is in on an older Slice RS frame (that of the ugly sea toots design).

Interesting.

All Cannondale riders are, I believe. It's still the fastest TT bike C'dale makes. The new non-RS Slice is not UCI legal, apparently - and for the most stupid of reasons: The seatstays are too skinny to be UCI legal. Everything else is apparently within regs.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, thanks.

Just noticed that Tinkoff's ski suits zip up the back, not the front.

ETA - I'm a bit behind the live coverage, but did I just see DuMoulin putting on rubberized aero booties over just his socks? Definitely didn't have shoes on...

Last edited by: Power13: Jul 4, 15 7:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ping-ponging you a bit here: So do Lampre-Merida's CS suits, as do the Bioracer suits (many teams get their TT suits from them, amongst others Sky - you can tell by the stripey pattern on the arms). Though with Bioracer being almost completely custom, it's probably a preference thing - I know a lot of the trackies with their suits have a backzip.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, no offence to Quintana but it looked like he didn't know the course...and as such spent a lot of time taking pour turns...out of bars when he didn't need to be

Power13 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Well spotted, dev.....I had the exact same thought. For a guy who has clearly worked on his position, he needs to stay aero more.

A great position doesn't help if you don't use it!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the equipment still seams to be in the "prototype" phase…..anyone see the guy riding in holding his cables and broken aerobar extensions? Amazing he finished.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:

Let us know if you find it in Bontrager's online store and post a link. (I always end up on their Australian site for some reason.... and never see anything new on there *shrug*)
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some old equipment has to go.
The commentators here in the US. Those pro doping guys should not be commentating.

Time for new equpment
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Some old equipment has to go.
The commentators here in the US. Those pro doping guys should not be commentating.

Time for new equpment

Speaking of the need for new equipment / material.....

Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:

Let us know if you find it in Bontrager's online store and post a link. (I always end up on their Australian site for some reason.... and never see anything new on there *shrug*)

i'm pretty sure its this one.

http://www.bontrager.com/model/13202
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
new Giro TT lid....
kinda ugly, kinda cool. Visor wraps really far around the sides.

Ugly is a way to boost sales for a season. "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." - Oscar Wilde

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:

I thought that's what they said when they used it during the Giro (I think that's where I first saw it...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:

I am clearly ahead of the game, I bought one this week. very good and compact too.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been impressed with mine - Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0SL

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
canyon cant keep stock in for europe, I'm not sure how they tackle it, but the worst thing to do would be to enter the US market and then not be able to deliver, and you can just see the response if they were able to offer a ultegra or DA equipped bike delivered for 35% or more below the big three.......they'd not be able to keep pace with demand - it will be interesting to see how they do this
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France New Equipment thread.... [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have posted on the commentators before and I could not disagree with you more. Liggett and Sherwen need no performance enhancement to be entertaining for three weeks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next