Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tempe Town Lake:
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [wufpak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but ONE Multisport and a few other clubs had a swimming event there this weekend and it was fine.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope so. I intend on doing the splash/dash Thursday night and then the Lifetime event on Sunday. I am just a little concerned by the fear mongering of the article.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wufpak wrote:
I hope so. I intend on doing the splash/dash Thursday night and then the Lifetime event on Sunday. I am just a little concerned by the fear mongering of the article.

Thanks.

Well, hold on, we have this HUGE rain coming in that might dump reservation farm crap into the lake and the swim on Thur. and Sun. may very well be canceled.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drive by 2x a day and don't notice anything funky. That's from the freeway, so it's hard to see close.

Buddy walked down there last Friday and it was a wee bit wonky at the eastern end and the farthest western end, but in between he said it was okay. I was going to do the SnD on Thursday, but elected not to because these new storms might add a bit of funk. Wife is doing the tri on Sunday, so I'll let her swim between dead bodies. HAHA.

It should be fine by Sunday anyway...and yes, the article was overly dramatic.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [PHXATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using Tempe Town Lake as the source for DirtyMangos Surprise Mineral Water for years. No one has got sick yet!!
(Or at least those process servers have yet to find me).

You should be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If we get the rains like we are supposed to get this week, Tempe Town Lake will not be swimmable for quite sometime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would venture to guess the tri race at TTL on Sunday is likely to be a duathlon with the huge rains coming the next few days.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:
would venture to guess the tri race at TTL on Sunday is likely to be a duathlon with the huge rains coming the next few days.

Yeah it takes a few days of sun to rebalance the ph in the lake.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was riding the course Saturday. And walked up to the lake. There was some sludge where the water meets the bulkhead, but didn't notice any smell. It didn't rain to hard today so fingers crossed. I'll be pissed if my first race here that I plan to PR doesn't have a swim. But I guess that is how it goes. I've swam in worse though.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told by a rider I met this morning that the Sunday tri is now a du. Anyone know if that is true?

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm picking up my packet in an hour. Guess we'll find out.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know, but the splash n dash scheduled tonite (Thursday) in TTL has been cancelled.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
most triathletes need more run frequency & volume. Think of it as Mother Nature doing triathletes a favor.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndrewPhx wrote:
I was told by a rider I met this morning that the Sunday tri is now a du. Anyone know if that is true?

Rep said all clear for swim.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swimming in Tempe Town Lake = What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.....and you grow a third eye.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [JKLipsky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There you go. Some lady was posting on the facebook page saying how they are messing with people's lives, etc. A little over dramatic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like one less person to get in the way while swimming.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at here FB page, seemed to me like a troll, but certainly not an athlete racing. I don't know. All these people afraid of the water pretty much validate my first post here nearly three years ago.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by the time im Arizona comes around, the water temp will be in the mid 60s.
this should make things better.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [bcendrars456] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latest....

http://www.kpho.com/...ef=.VByTm6_NyqM.like

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious if they cancel the swim portion how do they start the cycling portion? Obviously not a mass start I would assume.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [borderrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
borderrat wrote:
Just curious if they cancel the swim portion how do they start the cycling portion? Obviously not a mass start I would assume.

Thanks in advance

duathlon. run/bike/run.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Devlin for the response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a go:

"The recent E. coli reading is 10 times higher than the state's acceptable level for swimming safety."
Quote Reply

Prev Next