Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"No Ohio again? There at least a dozens CBUS folks on this board and a thriving Tri community in Ohio. You gotta come here sometime!"

i'm happy to have columbus included. i assume it's tri tech that you'd choose as the store? what would you choose?

Tri-Tech would be the choice. You trained Leanne and Christ in F.I.S.T. so you know them already!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"No Ohio again? There at least a dozens CBUS folks on this board and a thriving Tri community in Ohio. You gotta come here sometime!"

i'm happy to have columbus included. i assume it's tri tech that you'd choose as the store? what would you choose?

Tri-Tech would be the choice. You trained Leanne and Christ in F.I.S.T. so you know them already!

Tri-Tech is definitely the top choice re: triathlon specific shop, but there's not a running store nearby which Dan seems to require. I suggested FrontRunner and Trek or Roll on Lane Ave., which are only about a quarter mile apart and are in an entertainment district where craft beer is readily available across the street from the bike shops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, late to this thread....why don't you get this US tour all locked down. You can then distill the format to what works and we'll get you a Canadian Tour going next fall. It should be totally possible between posters on this forum and our connections to the local bike/tri stores to pair you up nicely in the major Canadian cities. This way you don't need to deal with the analysis/paralysis/indecision of Canadian distributors who frankly as end consumers just get in the way most of the time, slap on their margin and jack up prices for nothing useful that we consumers can see. Maybe they do something to support the local bike shop, but as a consumer I don't often see it (but they must do something to support the local bike shop). Anyway their non decision making in servicing you is another example of their lack of value (as a consumer).

Now if you feel compelled to come up to Canada in the middle of Feb when triathletes have nothing else to do but listen to you given that our brains are frozen solid from the sold, I am sure we can work something out.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" there's not a running store nearby which Dan seems to require"

not a requirement. a luxury. we have, as of now, 32 cities, 42 stores. 10 cities have this side-by-side run/bike store phenomenon. 22 cities do not, and it's either a tri store that sells both run and bike, or it's a city that only has a run component (fleet feet rochester) or a city that lacks a run component.

really, we're look for the best place for a slowtwitch gathering, where beer can be drunk and stuff given away.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"we'll get you a Canadian Tour going next fall. It should be totally possible between posters on this forum and our connections to the local bike/tri stores to pair you up nicely in the major Canadian cities"

the U.S. tour, we're down really to the last stores. we're very very close. we won't have the dates yet, but we will have the cities and the stores. early next week.

canada: i'd love to do this. i can have the stores lined up in a week, or less. it's the vendors. i just don't know how hard it would be to get the vendors to pull the trigger on this kind of thing in canada.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Seattle: speedy reedy.

Halaliueah! Speedy Reedy is the Bomb. Glad to see them on your radar screen. Their new facility is spacious, super cool and well stocked!

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Oct 2, 15 20:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"
there's not a running store nearby which Dan seems to require"

not a requirement. a luxury. we have, as of now, 32 cities, 42 stores. 10 cities have this side-by-side run/bike store phenomenon. 22 cities do not, and it's either a tri store that sells both run and bike, or it's a city that only has a run component (fleet feet rochester) or a city that lacks a run component.

really, we're look for the best place for a slowtwitch gathering, where beer can be drunk and stuff given away.

There's an Anheuser-Busch plant a mile from Tri-Tech. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

the U.S. tour, we're down really to the last stores. we're very very close. we won't have the dates yet, but we will have the cities and the stores. early next week.

canada: i'd love to do this. i can have the stores lined up in a week, or less. it's the vendors. i just don't know how hard it would be to get the vendors to pull the trigger on this kind of thing in canada.

Dan, this is a long shot, but if you ever consider doing a euro tour, Sigma Sport in London would be an excellent choice. There are a lot of triathlete and I know quite a few of us follow ST.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Mr. October [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Philly seems like a no-brainer stop to me."

my only question about philly is the shop. cadence? where? open for suggestions. i want to go to philly, be at the road show, and go to a todd rundgren concert, all in the same trip. can you make that happen for me?

I just saw the add-in list. Keswick would be a good choice. I don't know if they are interested or not, but they are a great shop.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that you'll be in the Twin Cities. Any chance we could get you to make one of your stops Now Bikes-Tri-Fitness in Arden Hills? We've got an active Road and Tri scene and I know a great deal of people who would love to hear from Slowtwitch!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [wiscobikeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the Now Bike-Tri-Fitness request in Arden Hills, MN. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us here is town.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for Campbell.....more central for the San Jose, Morgan Hill and Gilroy people!!

Linda
~Still recovering from IMLT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we won't have the dates yet

When you are setting your schedule, please keep in mind the Womens camp....

No TN. Bleh. Do not want to drive to the ATL.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, what store are you considering in St. Louis? Swim Bike Run or Big Shark?

Swim Bike Run has a Fleet Feet attached and a nice fit studio with the latest Guru fit bike.

Big Shark has a running/tri store across the street, but parking could be an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? No Tucson?

Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [slorunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Swim Bike Run has a Fleet Feet attached and a nice fit studio with the latest Guru fit bike."

this is the one on my radar. i just wnat to make sure enough slowtwitchers are there for a fruitful show. and that the stores and vendors want to be involved. and i'm not doing one in st. louis unless andy coggan shows up!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are you it coming to The Jersey Shore? The triathlon community here is insane. We have over 60 athletes going to Louisvile.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the closest we're coming to the jersey shore is either farmington, NY or if we go to philly, depending on whether you live in sandy hook or cape may. not AGAINST jersey shore. love jersey shore. big supporter of escape the cape. going to try to pump that race big this year. alcatraz is too expensive. it's escape the cape for me.

i'd be interested in knowing where - what shops - you think might be best.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Breille Cyclery. The are the Jersey Shore Triathlon Club sponsor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan, I own a decent sized full run bike and swim tri shop in the Milwaukee burbs and am wondering if we could be considered for this. Endurance House Delafield, http://www.endurancehousedelafield.com we have a decent staff of triathletes, avid runners and bikers, and several professional coaches on staff. We could make this a pretty big deal for the area. Thanks for the consideration, let me know if you have any questions. -Jason
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [Razz1978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Razz1978 wrote:
Hey Dan, I own a decent sized full run bike and swim tri shop in the Milwaukee burbs and am wondering if we could be considered for this. Endurance House Delafield, http://www.endurancehousedelafield.com we have a decent staff of triathletes, avid runners and bikers, and several professional coaches on staff. We could make this a pretty big deal for the area. Thanks for the consideration, let me know if you have any questions. -Jason

Not only can I vouch for the ability that Endurance House has to service the triathlete community, but I also have attended events they have put on which are very similar to what you are looking to do.These events hosted large quantities of people and were organized incredibly well. In my opinion they would be a prime location to host a stop on the Slowtwitch Road Show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder which bike shop you will be pairing with in Rochester. I am hoping for Geneva Bicycle Center.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fleet feet rochester.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Road Show cities [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fe_dad wrote:
I wonder which bike shop you will be pairing with in Rochester. I am hoping for Geneva Bicycle Center.

GBC is the bomb! I don't think Jim from GBC is a STer. However, Boots from FF is an amazing guy who looks out for Rochester and is a frequent poster. With his new store location downtown, it makes a lot of sense to have an event there.

Question for Slowman- do you know if the Rochester event is inviting a bike shop? If so, get GBC on board.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next