Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Am i the only one who had their video cut to one of those stupid GE commercials in the final seconds? Simon was in 4th, then the commercial, then it comes back on with the top 4 already over the line. NB EFFING C, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!??
That was your internet provider. It lost the connection. Commercials start when you first get a feed.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What an amazing race finish!

Simon looks like he's off the back, gets back on and makes the decisive move. Unfortunately, he probably went a bit early.

Great race by the German though and it was great to see how excited he was.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy shit is right! very glad I stayed up to watch that!!!!

I wonder what the run split was for those top guys? they were cookin'! Gomez had a very good run, but he was doing too much work and I feel bad he didn't have any left. That's racin' though!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Latintriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw the same thing,
he kept on grabbing at his side.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed. That was truly a fine race as we watch the Syrian finish.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The two bike leaders won't even finish in the top 20.
I tip my hat to Zeebroek - he held on for 13th - not bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great finish! Frodo saw the mountain and took it. Simon left it ALL on the course!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, that was an amazing amazing finish. Just awesome! Great job Simon!!!! We're so proud of you!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, that was amazing. Now you'll see people ditch'n their hats going into the final stretches of IM's everywhere! :)
Last edited by: JBell: Aug 18, 08 20:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I AGREE!!! THAT WAS AWESOME

"Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has."

-Ben
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Jagerstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gomez is the biggest dog of them all...it just wasn't his day. He couldn't break away on the second half of the run like he usually does.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That...was.....AWESOME!

Congrats to Simon on one HELL of a race. Wow.

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Am i the only one who had their video cut to one of those stupid GE commercials in the final seconds? Simon was in 4th, then the commercial, then it comes back on with the top 4 already over the line. NB EFFING C, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!??
Wow, that sucks! Simon came from behind to rejoin the group, sat with them awhile, then went early in the sprint and it looked like he had it until that German guy powered past him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAYUM that german dood turned the afterburners to "uber"

---
Fragile time can't be laid to rest. Fragile time can lead you to the grave or fragile time can start eternity. -Norma Jean
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is this Frodeno cat? I thought the big dude would get smoked when the hammer started to drop in the last 2K...shit he dropped the hammer.

Gomez spit the bit....
What happened to Matty "hotrod" Reed?

ADW

Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my throat hurts from yelling at the TV...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've never even heard of that guy. Is he a big name or did he come out of nowhere?

He really shouldn't have worn white.
11th in the pre-olympic ITU rankings
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [catchmeifucan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Canada just come in last place and is happy about it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing race by Simon!!!!

Shepley had written him off several times while commenting on CBC - "doesn't look good for Whitfield now..." "He's falling back now..."

Who could imagine he would have caught and passed Gomez and Docherty!!!

Too excited to sleep tonight!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was amazing...you ain't never gonna see an IM finish like that..ever!

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooops... eh gad, The German, Frodeno, his racing jumper was rather transparent as he crossed the line.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [mikedonia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simon looks like he's off the back, gets back on and makes the decisive move. Unfortunately, he probably went a bit early.\\

Simon had the perfect race, he out ran the guys he was supposed to, but that wild card that is always there at these big races, popped up and bit him. He didn't go to early, he just got beat...Great race for team Canada, looks like every ounce of energy Simon saved on that bike, he needed.. Just wish he had one more ounce..In triathlon, that is like Phelps 1/100, great race to watch.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was so cool, gone visor and is go go go time, I dig this dude!

Man what a finish, I love this sport

any word on the green bike WTF?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Every morning a gazelle wakes up knowing, it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...
Every morning a lion wakes up knowing it must outwit and outrun (at least) the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death...
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better start running.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, it was nice of Shepley to show some confidence in Simon with 200m to go. What a goof.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did Canada just come in last place and is happy about it?
He was probably celebrating Whitfield as Jenkins was the supposed "workhorse" and only there for the swim/bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next