Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [AdamTriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I guess I'm not sure how I am supposed to do it. I insert the Ant stick, close the Ant Agent, open up your program and try to pair it. I then get a error message from the program.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great program! Gave it a try today and was very impressed. I made my own workout based on the sample workouts. Didn't use the media option as I have a playlist which is roughly synchronized to my standard workouts 2x20.

Nice to have features:
1. Add avg power for interval below the target interval power
2. Add support for metric (km/hr) speed. It may have been there I just didn't see it.
3. Eliminate RR display. My Garmin strap produces too many spikes for it to be useful.
4. Eliminate efficiency from main display and just display kj like other power meters. I think 90+% of people just use their kj as a guide for calories. In any case efficiency isn't something that changes very often.
5. Smooth the % off target meter. Ideally let the user configure how much smoothing. I would also prefer if it went from -15 to +15%.
6. Add another axis on the right and let the user configure min/max/auto scaling. You can probably hard code which data is attached to the left and right axis.
7. Display avg power for completed intervals. Maybe in a table on the side?
8. Allow user to configure time scale and scroll the data from right to left. I would like to see about 20 minutes of data but like the option to change the amount.
9. Allow user to configure which data is shown in Interval box. I want target and average power. Some might like avg HR or cadence.
10. Export using a file format compatible with Golden Cheetah or other analysis programs. Something like one data record for each second would probably work.

That's it for now. Keep up the good work. I'll be placing an order.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone explain to me how to get my Ant+ stick working so I can try out this program? I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 7. Does the Ant stick need to be a new one that was never used for transferring from a Garmin device? I have a 310xt and a FR60 that I use for running and cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to manually right click on the little ant agent icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, closed it. I Put it my ant + stick, created my profile, then it paired my devices but when I went to a workout it didnt work, said no ant+. I had to restart my computer. After I restarted, killed ant agent first, opened peripedal and it actually did a quick install of some sort again. After that, no problems, worked fine. I figured part of my problem in the first place was I had opened a different ant + training program at the same time while doing my profile in order to get my wheel circumference reading so figured that somehow still had the garmin communitcator program busy.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [ericn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will give it a try tonight. I started PeriPedal, plugged in my Ant Stick and tried to pair. I then closed the Ant Agent and tried to pair again with no luck. Tonight I will stat up the computer, kill the Ant Agent, start up PeriPedal, plug in the Ant Stick and click on pair device. Hopefully I can give this program a try.

After not being able to try the program, I did a little 25 min, workout on a Fluid 2 that I just picked up from a friend of mine. I went easy for 10 min, then did three 1 min hard with 1 minute rest intervals before cooling down. I uploaded to SportTracks and used the TrainerPower plugin to get a wattage. It calculated the average watts to be 290, far more then I anticipated. I'm really excited to give PeriPedal a try now and do an FTP test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be better to kill ant agent, plug in usb, then open peripedal.
That excitement will turn to resentment at about the 40 minute mark, assuming you are still conscious.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [ericn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, are you using an USB1 or USB2 ANT stick? I have a USB1 stick and have been unable to get the software to pair (I have tried all the previous steps mentioned).
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [songmak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just have the one that came with my 910xt. Looking at the DC rainmaker site, it says "USB2 Wireless USB Stick" on the back of the one he is holding so I would have to assume mine is as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Adam -
Thanks for developing this - at first glance it looks great. Just got my key and will play with it. Just to be clear (I couldn't confirm this here or on the site) PeriPedal does NOT have control for erg-mode trainers and thus does not support files to control trainer load, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Well, I guess I'm not sure how I am supposed to do it. I insert the Ant stick, close the Ant Agent, open up your program and try to pair it. I then get a error message from the program.

Hi Burnt Toast, sorry for not getting back with you sooner. It looks like some of the other forum members may have helped you out.

There have been a few people having ANT+ issues that I hope to have fixed in the update I just uploaded. More information on the update here: http://www.peripedal.com/...pedal-v1-1-0-update/

If you are still having issues please send me an e-mail: adam@peripedal.com.

http://www.peripedal.com - Indoor Cycling Training Application - Bringing you closer to your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregf83 wrote:
Great program! Gave it a try today and was very impressed. I made my own workout based on the sample workouts. Didn't use the media option as I have a playlist which is roughly synchronized to my standard workouts 2x20.

Nice to have features:
1. Add avg power for interval below the target interval power
2. Add support for metric (km/hr) speed. It may have been there I just didn't see it.
3. Eliminate RR display. My Garmin strap produces too many spikes for it to be useful.
4. Eliminate efficiency from main display and just display kj like other power meters. I think 90+% of people just use their kj as a guide for calories. In any case efficiency isn't something that changes very often.
5. Smooth the % off target meter. Ideally let the user configure how much smoothing. I would also prefer if it went from -15 to +15%.
6. Add another axis on the right and let the user configure min/max/auto scaling. You can probably hard code which data is attached to the left and right axis.
7. Display avg power for completed intervals. Maybe in a table on the side?
8. Allow user to configure time scale and scroll the data from right to left. I would like to see about 20 minutes of data but like the option to change the amount.
9. Allow user to configure which data is shown in Interval box. I want target and average power. Some might like avg HR or cadence.
10. Export using a file format compatible with Golden Cheetah or other analysis programs. Something like one data record for each second would probably work.

That's it for now. Keep up the good work. I'll be placing an order.

Thank you for your feedback and kind words Greg! Be looking for some of your feature requests in future updates.

http://www.peripedal.com - Indoor Cycling Training Application - Bringing you closer to your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [perullo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perullo wrote:
Hi Adam -
Thanks for developing this - at first glance it looks great. Just got my key and will play with it. Just to be clear (I couldn't confirm this here or on the site) PeriPedal does NOT have control for erg-mode trainers and thus does not support files to control trainer load, correct?

That is correct, there is no trainer load control for now. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, I got my HR monitor and cadence/speed sensor paired but ran out of time to test it. That will have to be tomorrow after work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 more future feature requests that I would love to see.
A calendar interface of some sort. I would like to put the name of my workouts for the week on a calendar, then when I stumble downstairs at 4:30am, I can just start the software and it brings the planned workout for that day up on the screen and asks if I want to start it instead of me having to check my google calendar, see what the workout of the day was, then search that workout in the search bar and start it. Even better would be to make it interact with my google calendar some how if that is even possible so I dont need to enter workouts into google calendar and the trainer software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question: How do I get a movie from a DVD playing in the media pane?

I used the program tonight for 10 minutes and everything was going great. I like what I was seeing and how things worked except I couldn't get a movie to play and I'm right in the middle of Homeland disk two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Question: How do I get a movie from a DVD playing in the media pane?

I used the program tonight for 10 minutes and everything was going great. I like what I was seeing and how things worked except I couldn't get a movie to play and I'm right in the middle of Homeland disk two.

It doesn't work with DVD's right now, only video files or Netflix. You can still certainly have your DVD player on half the screen and PeriPedal on half the screen.

Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel a bit bad for the Trainerroad guys, as it seems like you've lifted their Virtual Power idea. That said, if you can import to Ubuntu and make it integrate with Sufferfest I'd be tempted to move over. Lack of Ubuntu (or Linux) support for Trainerroad is the one and only reason I am stuck with windows on my home laptop.. :-(
Last edited by: knighty76: Nov 7, 12 2:31
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Feel a bit bad for the Trainerroad guys, as it seems like you've lifted their Virtual Power idea. That said, if you can import to Ubuntu and make it integrate with Sufferfest I'd be tempted to move over. Lack of Ubuntu (or Linux) support for Trainerroad is the one and only reason I am stuck with windows on my home laptop.. :-(

There are several programs that are calculating power based on your speed and the power curve of the trainer. This has been around long before TrainerRoad, they have just done the best job marketing it. The original idea, for me anyway, actually came from Kurt Kinetic's power computer:

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/...uter-p-152-l-en.html

Sufferfest integration exists today.

There are no plans for a Linux port, sorry!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good for the one time I used it. A beta test of more then 24hrs would be nice to give it a good test and try a few different preloaded workouts.

One suggestion is to display the next intervals watt average (probably in the bottom half of the blue interval pane) so you have an idea of what is coming and the speed / power output needed to adjust for a smoother transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've probably tried this, but have you tried it in WINE? I was surprised recently when an app I was working on worked out-of-the-box in WINE with no effort on my part at all. And it wasn't a simple little hello-world app either: it had opengl, network usage, multiple threads, and it just worked. Maybe peripedal would as well. The ANT+ stuff would probably be the hairiest bit, but it still might work.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ahare, I did think of that. I'm yet to take the plunge and try but maybe if I find a mate with Ubuntu on their laptop I'll give it a crack. It's the ANT+ device drivers that worry me, these are pretty low level and I think the emulator sits too high up for that, but it's worth a punt.

Apologies to others for going OT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried this or trainer road. I have a coach that gives me my workouts and I just use my KK road machine and powermeter. Garmin allows me to load workouts to my 910xt or Edge 705 and I have a tv in front of the trainer. I'm not sure I need the extra integration, but when I get a chance I'll give it a try. I don't have a Microsoft laptop though and will have to figure out how to integrae with my tv and maybe a desktop pc. I just want to mention a couple of things:

1: Someone needs to develop an erg mode device! I think that would be HUGE if that could be done outside of computrainer.
2: Man.....would it be cool if I could use this through a game consol like Xbox!

I live my life one triathlon at a time, Nothing else matters.....
Follow me on twitter @BMeulen403
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Looks good for the one time I used it. A beta test of more then 24hrs would be nice to give it a good test and try a few different preloaded workouts.

One suggestion is to display the next intervals watt average (probably in the bottom half of the blue interval pane) so you have an idea of what is coming and the speed / power output needed to adjust for a smoother transition.

Hi Burnt Toast, I'm glad you enjoyed it your first time using it. I'm sorry if there was any confusion, but the beta period is not over. I'm guessing the beta period will last for several more weeks. The update I talked about recently was just an update with some bug fixes and enhancements, but still a beta version. I will be emailing all beta testers in advance of the beta period expiring so they know when it is coming.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll certainly consider it for the future!

Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwisconsin wrote:
Definitely interested in trying this. We have the 1UPUSA trainer - the most recent resistance unit. If you support that there are two of us that would use it my household. Thanks.

Hi Nick,

Sorry for missing your post earlier.

The 1UPUSA trainer isn't currently supported, but it is one I would like to support. I've contacted 1UPUSA trying to get power curve information but haven't had any response yet. Searching around the internet it looks like it is something they used to publish, but for whatever reason took the information down. If anyone can point me to a legitimate source for the information I will add it to PeriPedal.

Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Bike Training Software: PeriPedal [Meulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meulen wrote:
I haven't tried this or trainer road. I have a coach that gives me my workouts and I just use my KK road machine and powermeter. Garmin allows me to load workouts to my 910xt or Edge 705 and I have a tv in front of the trainer. I'm not sure I need the extra integration, but when I get a chance I'll give it a try. I don't have a Microsoft laptop though and will have to figure out how to integrae with my tv and maybe a desktop pc. I just want to mention a couple of things:

1: Someone needs to develop an erg mode device! I think that would be HUGE if that could be done outside of computrainer.
2: Man.....would it be cool if I could use this through a game consol like Xbox!

Thanks for the reply Meulen. If you get a chance to try PeriPedal out I would love you hear your feedback.

On your first comment, have you heard of the Wahoo KICKR? http://www.wahoofitness.com/...rainer/?returnFull=1 I think it is what you are looking for, and they are going to use an open API so it can be supported by any software that wants to support it.

Xbox support would be awesome too, but as far as I know it would be impossible to talk to any bike sensor currently on the market using an Xbox.

Quote Reply

Prev Next