Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My Story - ironman registration
Quote | Reply
I went through the registration for Muncie 70.3 just to find out what the final price would be ($23 for Active.com fees, ugh...). Haven't completed the signup yet, because of this issue....

Why the hell do they want to know "my story" so badly? It's a freakin' mandatory field! What should I tell them?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you should tell them the inspirational, tear-jerking story of how you overcame adversity to pay the bloodsucking active fee, because you had an Ironman dream.
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [Trexlera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trexlera wrote:
I think you should tell them the inspirational, tear-jerking story of how you overcame adversity to pay the bloodsucking active fee, because you had an Ironman dream.

That would be an EPIC tale.... epic...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other day I was charged a "full year of ACTIVE Advantage!" at $79.95 which I did not authorize - trying to recoup that. Will probably have to speak to my credit card company. That is my story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always write something like: "I have no story." or "My story is boring as fuck. Move on."
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I always write something like: "I have no story." or "My story is boring as fuck. Move on."

I want to tell them something. Maybe I can describe my last 5 hours at work, and compare / contrast to my expected (roughly) 5 hours racing at IM Muncie. I just finished allocating the calendar 2018 annual corporate budget down to the divisional level, pending review from various levels of management.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell them about a time you shit your pants during a run.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Tell them about a time you shit your pants during a run.

Depends

its a crappy story.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My story, "I am doing this race (IM Tremblant) because my friend is doing it and my wife wants to hang out with his wife so I figured I may as well race while I am there."

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell them a story about a company that was charging too much for its events and losing customers precipitously; and then slashed their prices by 25% and found that increased sales more than made up the revenue and margin!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see what you did there!
a "2-fer"

well played sir

tell them how you like to "yank chains" on ST even though you know what the other person is really saying...

sorry couldnt resist :)

Muncie huh...? ugh
Good luck

daved
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister lives in Indy, and I haven't been down to visit for a few years. Muncie happens to be at the tail end of my vacation..

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im originally from peoria (not too far from Indy) and I did muncie years and years ago.
I think I blocked it out as most of the run was a walk (as have happened in a few races of mine) and i just remember that midwest heat.
Pretty sure the course/race has changed over the years.

Good Luck!
daved
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm aware that it might be hot. Bike is set up on the trainer with no fans. Seems like there's a litre of sweat on the floor after an hour ride.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use this:

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out...But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Why the hell do they want to know "my story" so badly? It's a freakin' mandatory field! What should I tell them?

https://loremipsumgenerator.com/

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just tell them you "are a triathlete" and they will tune out the rest like everyone else does.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell them that over the winter you have been working with a really ground breaking coach and doing extensive, highly scientific testing on the best crank length for your bike. Then post the link to the ST thread...
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Use this:

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out...But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

ONLY if you can attach a video of yourself doing the truffle-shuffle

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell them you want to race an Ironman event 'clean' to see how it compares to being juiced up.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that one.

The "shit my pants on the run " story is #2 on the list.

Tri-Banter wrote:
Use this:

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stories, or it didn't happen! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan is always taking those poles to try and help improve registration for these races obviously Iron Man is not listening. I would simply fill it in with the words f*** you repeated about 500 times!
Quote Reply
Re: My Story - ironman registration [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
Tell them that over the winter you have been working with a really ground breaking coach and doing extensive, highly scientific testing on the best crank length for your bike. Then post the link to the ST thread...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
But we never got the final 8472 chapters of that book. The suspense is killing me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell them about your secret life as a biscuit designer
Quote Reply

Prev Next