Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Ironmanscottw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironmanscottw wrote:
Wow that is not fair to ban him for life. I think if they re-test him in a year or so then he should be able to race again.
I nominate for post of the thread......Just to funny
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand Lance's decision. What gets me is all the effort taken today by USADA to clean up the sport 13 years ago. They should be focusing on what's happening in sports today not what happened 13 years ago when drug use was out of control. If they want to make a statement - tell us who was clean during that period of time. And if athletes really could avoid a positive drug test for steroid
s by taking them orally with olive oil than prove it medically. All a bunch of crap. Like him or hate him Lance gives people hope when there is no hope because a doctor says you have cancer and 4 months to live. Does that make it OK to use PEDs - No but show me a test where it says he did. Until then leave him be. The people that are inspired by him will continue to support him and the people that hate him will continue as well. USADA has accomplished nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [oschweidler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know it is possible to dislike a man as a cheating doper, but still appreciate his charity work. You need to separate the two roles.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Philb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philb wrote:
You know it is possible to dislike a man as a cheating doper, but still appreciate his charity work. You need to separate the two roles.

Oh, you mean the charity that indirectly makes him a train load of money every year?

Quote | Reply
Yes, let's give all hope that people can compete fairly.

Quote | Reply
That's true, but LA isn't stupid. Again, he'd rather perpetuate the belief that because he raises money to fight cancer he can't possibly have doped than have all the testimony come out. That would give far too many rational adults the opportunity to come to the only logical conclusion.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, he indirectly makes money off his anti cancer efforts. But name a multi million dollar charity where the top people don't make considerable money.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
Sure, he indirectly makes money off his anti cancer efforts. But name a multi million dollar charity where the top people don't make considerable money.

Terry Fox Foundation - which ironically is also about cancer.

Quote | Reply
Terry Fox Foundation has paid full time employees. I don't know how much the top people make, but I imagine its decent. Multi million dollor organizations don't just run themselves.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
styrrell wrote:

Since he is dead it would be tough for him to make any money off his foundation.

I'd also like you to produce the factual financials that show the top people aren't making good money and the ones that show that LA makes big money off of Livestrong, the charity, alone. Until then i will choose to think of you as just another person who has sme sort of dislike for LA and lets his emotions get carried away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance Armstrong is a pretty cool guy. He win a lot of races and doesn't afraid of anything.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:
DrPete wrote:
Yeah, nothing says "I didn't cheat at sports" like raising money for cancer.

Holy non sequitur, Batman!

he didn't just raise money for cancer, the foundation provided 2.5 million patients money for cancer treatment.

Not that it matters, but I would understand if USADA said he cheated one time. However, 500 negative tests is inconsistent with their claim that he lead some huge doping conspiracy and cheated every year. I mean come on. Maybe he could pass every single test ever administered if he cheated only once, but if he was cheating every year there is absolutely no way he could have passed all of 500+ tests. It just goes to show this is all a vendetta fueled by sour grapes and Travis Tygart's envy of Armstrong.

You do understand that the methods in question couldn't be effectively tested for during the time in question, right? He passed 500, or 250 or whatever tests which were for things he wasn't doing at a level or in a way that could be detected. Big deal. A dope test is not magically omniscient. You could have tested me 1000 times for kale smoothies between 1999 and 2010, and I'd have passed with the much vaunted "flying colors." That doesn't mean I wasn't doing a ton of Ben & Jerrys.

Also, a few posts above it was asserted that the Foundation (which has some of my money, and I don't regret that) has raised 470 million. Spread among your 2.5 million cancer patients that's $188 per - how much cancer treatment does that buy? One or the other of those facts can't possibly be right. Unless by 'treatment' you're talking about putting articles on diet and exercise on the interwebs, to which I'm tempted to say BFD.
Last edited by: skip: Aug 25, 12 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nedbraden wrote:
AJHull wrote:
styrrell wrote:

Since he is dead it would be tough for him to make any money off his foundation.

I'd also like you to produce the factual financials that show the top people aren't making good money and the ones that show that LA makes big money off of Livestrong, the charity, alone. Until then i will choose to think of you as just another person who has sme sort of dislike for LA and lets his emotions get carried away.

You don't think LA is making money of licensing the Livestrong name for consumer products? While it may not be "direct", it is certainly making money off the charity.

As for your last sentence, it is equally applicable to both sides with just a small edit- Until then i will choose to think of you as just another person who has sme sort of love for LA and lets his emotions get carried away.

The reality is that neither side can rationally discuss this subject anymore. Neither side can convince the other of their POV and emotions rule. Rational thought need not apply.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
AJHull wrote:
styrrell wrote:

You don't think LA is making money of licensing the Livestrong name for consumer products? While it may not be "direct", it is certainly making money off the charity.

As for your last sentence, it is equally applicable to both sides with just a small edit- Until then i will choose to think of you as just another person who has sme sort of love for LA and lets his emotions get carried away.

The reality is that neither side can rationally discuss this subject anymore. Neither side can convince the other of their POV and emotions rule. Rational thought need not apply.

1) so you admit he is not making money directly from the charity as someone said.

2) You can think of me any way you want but the fact is that I have no problem admitting I think he doped. I also have no problem admitting that I don't say I "know" something without definitive proof. I also have no problem taking all of this for what it is and not trying to make it things it is not. Nowhere have I said he is a saint or he is innocent or told anyone to fuckoff. On the other hand you and a number of others use false accusations and hyperbole in your dislike of Armstrong in these threads. So you can say what you want but the comparison is not valid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nedbraden wrote:
hand you and a number of others use false accusations and hyperbole in your dislike of Armstrong in these threads. So you can say what you want but the comparison is not valid.

Me? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Link, please.

Dude, I got no dog in this fight. Re-read my last paragraph and get back to me.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

This I totally agree with. This really is a no win situation at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
hand you and a number of others use false accusations and hyperbole in your dislike of Armstrong in these threads. So you can say what you want but the comparison is not valid.

Link, please.

Dude, (are you stick in the 80's?), nice job avoiding the meat of my post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seem to think that if Lance Armstrong had swamp land to sell you, you would be the first in line.

Look it up yourself. The Terry Fox Foundation has one of the highest proportion of each dollar going to the objective of the foundation. There are no Livestrong jets flying them around. They have a small office in Port Coquitlam, Britiah Columbia, and the people involved on the administrative level do so voluntarily or with nominal payment.

Quote | Reply
TFF is a great example to learn from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nedbraden wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

There was no meat in your post to avoid. I never made a claim re: direct or indirect, so take up that argument with others.

Still waiting for that link.....you made the claim, please back it up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terry fox Foundation has approx 1 million/year in salaries and funds a pension plan for its full time employees. I think its a fine charity, one of the best, but they do pay their employees. As as LA goes the Chariity gets prettty high ratings by watchdog groups but has been criticized because their is a LS charity and a LS for profit entity that sells LA memorabilia. They do note that Lance Armstron is very scrupulous about not profiting or even getting expenses from the LS charity.

I'm certain he has had some benefit from the charity at times but its pretty nominal

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Lance accepts lifetime ban - See ya [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:
And that is precisely why Lance chose not to fight the USADA - he is simple saying, you have no jurisdiction over me. I don't care what you say, but you can't strip me of my titles. That is up to the UCI. Sorry. You lose.

I never said anything about stripping titles and since I'm not the one whose junkie hero was banned for live, I didn't lose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
I seem to think that if Lance Armstrong had swamp land to sell you, you would be the first in line.

Look it up yourself. The Terry Fox Foundation has one of the highest proportion of each dollar going to the objective of the foundation. There are no Livestrong jets flying them around. They have a small office in Port Coquitlam, Britiah Columbia, and the people involved on the administrative level do so voluntarily or with nominal payment.

In response to my very valid post you respond with an insult based on a false assumption and refuse to provide the info to back up your assertions? Typical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

There was no meat in your post to avoid. I never made a claim re: direct or indirect, so take up that argument with others.

You are quite the dancer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nedbraden wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

You are quite the dancer.

I'm not the one who can't provide a simple link to back-up a claim I made.

Still waiting....

Quote Reply

Prev Next