Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Louisville
Quote | Reply
For your information Ironman Louisville will soon have all the courses posted for the August 26 event. The bike ride is the one that hasn't been 100 percent determined.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Jeffs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the run and swim?

When will the information be available?

Mat Steinmetz

51-SPEEDSHOP.com - instagram - @matsteinmetz - facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [MStein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim will be in the Ohio River. The run to Iroquois Park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we clarify "soon"?

day?
week?
month?
several months?

As soon as it posted, the liquor and hotel room tax revenues will go up substantially in Luavull.......
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Within the next month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...Just one more Ironman Louisville "announcement" thread announcing that there is nothing new to announce.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I must be right because everyone else is "On My Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The run is going to be nice. Iroquois Park is a great place to run. There are some good hills but nothing too steep. The Louisville Marathon and Halfmarathon go through Iroquois also.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [TriBrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be on the "inside" if you knew the run was going to Iroquois Park. Will you keep me in the loop?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't you just say Iroquois park in post #3?

Fit matters most. None of that aero sh*$ means beans if you are monkey humping the bike up and down the road… anonymous
51Speed Shop fitter and consultant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the swim be an up-and-back or point-to-point?

Will the run course to Iroquois Park be a 1 loop course? I think it has to be, especially if you run around the park. Make it interesting and run to the top - great views!

Any chance, we'll run thru the Churchill Downs infield like the last mini? That was cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll go ahead and post the swim profile below:

----------------------^----------^-------------^---------------^----------------^----------

That should suffice.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn!! I thought the swim was f-ing flat!! ;-) Time to train for them bumps in the swim...!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Last edited by: Tri-Wog StL: Jan 23, 07 15:00
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Tri-Wog StL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, if the previous rumor was a 3 loop run course, does that mean that the 3 loop rumor was wrong or that T1 and T2 are in different locations?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 loop run, out to Iroquois Park and back, but not into Iroquois Park. Turnaround is at the tennis courts, as I understand it. T1 and T2 are both at the Great Lawn, but finish is in 4th Street Live, as is the halfway point of the marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, is the run going to be pancake flat as previously thought? What type of surface? any trail, grass, ect--or all pavement?

Mat Steinmetz

51-SPEEDSHOP.com - instagram - @matsteinmetz - facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a bit dissapointed that the run isn't going to go into Iroquois Park. It would make the run a bit harder but not super hard. Plus it gives you a chance to hit the head with all the woods around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Someone posted something a while back about having once seen a dead cow floating down the river. Sooo, I'm wondering; say you're swimming along during the race and (at my pace) said cow comes floating by, is it legal to grab on and float along with your new cow-buddy? Questions like this have plagued mankind since the beginning of time...
Last edited by: dave_w: Jan 24, 07 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was the guy who posted the story about the dead cow, which I probably didn't need to do. I saw the dead cow when I was boating on the river with my former brother in law after some heavy flooding one spring. The river is fine to swim in. I have some friends at the U of L who dive in the Ohio all the time for research purposes with no ill effects. I'm more concerned about running into my former brother in law, who is very protective of his sister.
Last edited by: Iowaguy: Jan 24, 07 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think holding onto said cow will only be allowed if you do not make forward progress. So if you are swimming up current and the cows comes by - feel free to take it for a ride...kinda "frogger" style!

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [MStein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think all pavement, really flat except for maybe the "climb" up from the Great Lawn to Main Street. Other than that, I heard just straight out 3rd Street and back, coming over one block when in downtown to make it over to 4th Street.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you think there will be any shade on the run course?

Thanks for the insider advice :).

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of it is shaded. It is through Old Louisville, so alot of mature trees lining the street, old houses. etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of you who wanna get an inside look at the run course might consider coming down for the Derby Festival Marathon or Mini-Marathon (half) in April. Not exactly the same, but lots of the route will be shared with the IM course. IM course will be flat, moderately interesting/scenic, but very runnable pavement the entire way. The Derby Festival course throws in interesting hills at the beginning (and at ~ mile 16-18 for the full marathon) and a lap througth the Churchill Downs infield.

Louisville is a great city, y'all are gonna love it. And Fourth Street Live is an awesome place to conclude a day like we'll have in August!

By the way, Louisville is somewhat of a "sleeper" town for sports fans. Besides being home to U of L sports and the Kentucky Derby, Louisville also is home to three marathons (April, October, December), a 50K trail run (February), now Ironman, and will host the 2007 U.S. Senior Olympic Games and the 2008 Ryder Cup. And probably other stuff I missed.

Tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Within the next month"

Any update?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm doing ironman louisville this year and would like to do a mini camp and train on the bike course. can anyone give me some information on where to stay inexpensively near or on the bike course? also, how easy would it be to bike starting from the transition area and doing the entire course and back during the week or weekend with traffic and such? or is it better to drive out of town and get on the bike course. anyone live near there that know's this course and the area well enough to give me some advice?

Mark M
Quote Reply

Prev Next