Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Go Bucks
Quote | Reply
Why is Ohio so windy? Because Michigan blowes.

Buckeyes 24

Michigan 17

Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [Owenmiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Ducks.

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blowes? I am fairly certain you meant to say "blows". Typical of an OSU fan - you weren't by chance educated in Ohio?

If you're going to try and make disparaging remarks about the state of Michigan, or our esteemed University, allow me to offer my services of proof reading them first - it is never good to look stupid when trying to make fun of someone else...

Go Blue!

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Last edited by: jackattack: Nov 18, 05 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bucks are favored by 3 in Ann Arbor. That is a good sign.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good one

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I've lived in both states and will choose the people/education system in Ohio anyday. To be fair, I was in Flint though ... :(

Quote | Reply
OOHHHHHHHH, I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan. I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan because I'm from OH - HI - OH.

Hail to those motherfuckers, Hail to those big cocksuckers, Hail, Hail to Michigan the cesspool of the world.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll notice that the people making the vulgar remarks on this thread are all OSU fans? Again, quite typical of the demographic.

Again, Go Blue!

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. It's really quite sad when you think about it.

After all, after football, what does Columbus, OH really have going for it?

I mean, here in AA, once football season is over with, we can look forward to another championship caliber season from our hockey team. Our b-ball team seems assured of making the Big Dance this year. Not to mention our other highly regarded non-revenue sports such as swimming, wrestling and gymnastics. And that's just to name a few.

What do they have to look forward to after this is all over? The Columbus Blue Jackets? Please.

The reason they are so vulgar is because their decades long buildup of resentment leaves them with no other alternative than to spew obscenities at anyone who will listen.

Very sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [martytram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's definitely a tragedy. I feel very very sorry for them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will leave my response to a simple...

GO BLUE !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Sparticus: Nov 18, 05 14:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]You'll notice that the people making the vulgar remarks on this thread are all OSU fans? Again, quite typical of the demographic.

Again, Go Blue![/reply]

You are correct. Most "football" fans are vulgar. I kinda like the Dawg pound in Cleveland, the Terrible towels in Pittsburg or the crazies in Oakland (previous Raider nation). I've been to some pretty rough Bears games too. Ohio IS football - has been forever (followed pretty closely by Texas). There are a TON of OH residents (or previous) residents here on Slowtwitch so this will be quite a sounding board.

Ann Arbor is a pretty cool little town, but can't hold a candle to Columbus in terms size/complexity/culture and the arts. Not sure what this has to do with football anyway. There would be no Ann Arbor without U of M there.

Also, I don't think there is much "built up" resentment since OSU just won the national championship a few years ago, continues to have more players in the NFL than any other school, and has terrific recruiting.

Should be a great game in the big house

Quote | Reply
Actually, I think Miami, aka THE U, has the most players in the NFL.

http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I visited Columbus one time. There was a lot of culture there - numerous 60 year old women giving me the finger, along with their 5 year old grandchildren. I also had a 10 year old ask me "what the fuck I was looking at". Don't forget the bomb sniffing dogs last year - lots of class in that town, and lots of anger too. And they aren't just that way to us, ask Texas fans how hospitable they are.

I can think of a few reasons for built up resentment on part of OSU fans towards Michigan. Starting with a 57 - 38 advantage of Michigan over Ohio St, that includes recent victories in 1995 and 1996 where Michigan kept Ohio St. from undefeated seasons and possible National Championships. In the last 11 games, Michigan has ruined more seasons for Ohio St than the other way around.

I would love the game without all the jackasses, because it's two great football programs going against each other. But when Michigan wins, it makes it all the sweeter knowing they have to keep their mouths shut for a year.

I guess OSU has terrific recruiting, if you count dirty players that accept money from boosters and tarnish the program. I guess OSU is willing to accept that as long as they are winning.

And, last but not least, I would put Ann Arbor against any other city in the country.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We would have been nice to you if you didn't wear yellow and blue. My son says he is sorry for giving you the finger.

Oh and about the cheating....Chris Webber and the fab five were clean...... honest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to use vulgarities to be a jackass as your post 'kinda proves. It is a great college football rivalry for sure, probably THE best, including Auburn-Alabama, Army-Navy, Clemson-SC, UCLA-USC, etc. It has nothing to do with cities or states as I would surely not live in Michigan (except perhaps the UP) or anywhere NEAR Detroit for any reason. Legend has it Woody Hayes' bus ran out of gas once coming back from a game in MI - He asked the players to push the bus across the OH line to get gas rather than spend any money or more time in Michigan :) It apparently happened near Monroe, MI (home of General Custer and my Uncle and some other family). There is a reason OH is the 7th most populated state in the nation (3rd by size) and NOT one of the original 13 (#17).

As for players in the NFL, I stand corrected, Miami is still #1 (took over in 2001). Notre Dame leads all time since 1967. Oddly enough I found that Ohio State is #2 all time with NFL quarterbacks?! Odd since most from OSU are running backs, lineman and the always good linebacker core. #1 was Stanford with 12 (aka Plunkett, Elway), Ohio State with 11 (none any good), Odd that Miami only had 8 (but some good ones: Kosar, Testaverde, Kelly, Erickson) and Notre Dame with 7 (Montana, Mirer, Theisman).

We all know where the most Heismann trophies come from, only 2 time winner, and more common College football lore.

Re: Go Bucks [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be careful which stone you throw at when you live in a glass house. Or did you forget about Maurice Clarett already. Not to mention that ancient head coach of yours that took a poke at one of the other teams players. Nothing but class coming out of good ol' OSU.
Last edited by: ECE: Nov 18, 05 15:18
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew the fab five would come up, mentioning dirty players. You're right, except you miss the entire point of my statement. It was made to contradict the assessment of great recruiting. I tend to think having dirty players associated with your program is poor recruiting. We ran ours out of town, along with the coach. And we even took down championship banners. Obviously Mr. Clarrett isn't welcome anymore, but I tend to think that's because he squealed on OSU and Tressle.

And I forgive your son, it isn't his fault. He's welcome in AA anytime.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, enough of this stupid football talk. We should be turning our attention to something much more important....

college basketball.

GO ILLINI
Beat South Dakota State tonight! ;^)

Jeromy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska, hunting wolverines!
Don: Did you shoot any?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins. What the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don: what kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon Dynamite -a frikin twelve gauge! gosh

Go Bucks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25-21 I'll take it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tressel is laying the beatdown on Lloyd. 4-1. I can get used to going to the Big House for a win every other year. Go BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bucks [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
O H!!

--
fork DOWN
times DOWN
woo - jackmott
Quote Reply

Prev Next