Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know what you mean by not being able to get low enough, it would be nice if the IA came in a 650 version but I don't think that is going to happen or that i could afford it.

I'm on a 48 P2 with Slammed -30 stem, slightly sloping base bars with the aerobar pads practically right on them.

I was debating on purchasing a DA for next season as it may be one of the only bikes that I can get lower on. Some reference was made to it in the tririg article about there only being one version of it next year. If I could find a DA3 in a 47 from this year I would probably go for it.
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 24, 14 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Owner's Manual has a chart with the stack and reach ranges of each size.

It's not quite as tall as the Shiv, but it's also not a low bike. I wish I could mate the 56 stack to the 58 reach, but alas... My old size 60 B2's Bayonet SL front end has to be pointed up to hit the coordinates that match a slammed IA 56.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blah, I just bought my B14 and they throw this at me.

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I know what you mean by not being able to get low enough, it would be nice if the IA came in a 650 version but I don't think that is going to happen or that i could afford it.

I'm on a 48 P2 with Slammed -30 stem, slightly sloping base bars with the aerobar pads practically right on them.

I was debating on purchasing a DA for next season as it may be one of the only bikes that I can get lower on. Some reference was made to it in the tririg article about there only being one version of it next year. If I could find a DA3 in a 47 from this year I would probably go for it.

As a rider of a 47 DA, I do wish the IA came in a smaller size, because there are so few frames that I could get low enough on. The good news is that NP3 and NP2 in the smallest size should work, but I think Felt will no longer support the smaller sizes.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
The Owner's Manual has a chart with the stack and reach ranges of each size.

It's not quite as tall as the Shiv, but it's also not a low bike. I wish I could mate the 56 stack to the 58 reach, but alas... My old size 60 B2's Bayonet SL front end has to be pointed up to hit the coordinates that match a slammed IA 56.

thanks for the link
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an IA that I got back in March/April and getting low enough up front was the biggest concern.

I had to mount my aeropads directly to the basebar and the extensions BELOW the basebar as if they were mounted above the basebar, it would have put the aero pads too high.

It's good but I wish I could get lower - like in my old P3.

I asked Dave on the original IA chat about a high / low option and he cryptically, simply said 'yes,' with no further information.

With all the stack possible that comes with these bars I just don't understand why the original design has the stack so high. If it's made a bit lower, then no need for the hi/low options AND one could still go much much higher...

Anyway, I know it all depends on sizing and your own personal measurements, but I believe it has a stack lower than some super bikes and yet, taller some others as well...

Hope this makes sense and helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt did this before...
Release top end bike, then in subsequent years use the mold to release cheaper versions with slightly different carbon and components.
Makes good business sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohhh I like that naked carbon look. Nice price points top to bottom... good on then. Are they sponsoring a cycling team for the DA model?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you guys think the IA with Mechanical Ultegra would be a better choice than the DA1 with Di2? I'm going to be making my purchase come the fall/winter and I had all but ruled out the IA due to price point but now it's looking more possible. I had convinced myself that there was no way I'd go for a bike with none electronic groupo this time. Way to throw a monkey wrench into things Felt!!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody know how much weight exactly we are looking at for the Textreme version of the IA vs the "regular version"?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends what you value more:

1) slightly smoother shift quality and more options to shift (on the bullhorns as well)

or

2) speed

I would personally go for the speed, but the overall ride experience might be a factor if shift options are important.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [nickvas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also a fan of speed so I'll likely be going with the Mechanical groupo. The IA is just such a nice bike and it's clear that Felt is only keeping the DA around for the UCI sanctioned races which most Triathlons are not governed by. Then there is the QR PR6 dangling like a carrot in front of me ...

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I know! I cannot believe the trickle down! Great job Felt! SuperDave...when are these coming out!

The first 2015 model available is the IA2 and they've already begun shipping. I'm betting you'll see it posted on ST by next week.
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman's Felt article on the front page didn't mention anythng about different carbon - just the wheels and bearings. I have good race wheels, and as for ceramic bearings...I'm good on magic potion as well :)

This could be my next bike.

NordicSkier wrote:
Felt did this before...
Release top end bike, then in subsequent years use the mold to release cheaper versions with slightly different carbon and components.
Makes good business sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waupaca11 wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:
waupaca11 wrote:
And the way felt rolls out new products we should be able to pick one up in early 2016

Because the P5 and many other products were released right on time as well, right?

As a DA1 owner, the stem issue (most specifically the 0 Rise) that Slowman refers to was a comical back and forth, yes/no/maybe so for a couple years. Then we had the slow rollout of the IA (there were guys posting up to a month or so ago about their orders from last fall) and the is there/ isn't there debate regarding the internal bladder.

I have owned a B10 and a DA1 (which I love, except for the rear brake) and like Felt as a company and hope these new bikes are released on target and are a party on 2 wheels.

You do understand that the original 0mm rise stems failed final production fatigue testing, right? Prototypes were ridden for a year and passed all previous requirements for production to start. That is the reason for the delay in release of the stems. Should we have NOT released the DA and the other 14 stem options to wait to finish the non-OEM small volume aftermarket 0mm rise stems?

I'm sure you're aware of the 3T Cervelo recall and the Cannondale Slice RS brake stud issues. I think being conservative was the better option.

The 2015 road models have already been shipping since May 1st. Hot selling bikes like our AR5 and AR3 are in stock now. Same with the volume Z100, ZW100, etc...
B14 just landed with S32s and the first IA2 customer will get his bike next week.

There was no debate on an IA with a bladder. The day the IA was introduced last year the question came up and I answered it. The tririg article also showed a bunch of prototype parts being developed but those won't be available either anytime soon (large volume box, 31.8mm road stems, non-VR seatposts)

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the frames of the B14 and B2 the same except for the color? I'm wondering if there's a way to order/do a build with the B14 frame color but the B2 components (DI2)?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I know! I cannot believe the trickle down! Great job Felt! SuperDave...when are these coming out!

The first 2015 model available is the IA2 and they've already begun shipping. I'm betting you'll see it posted on ST by next week.
-SD

Hey Dave when is the website going to be updated and the official launch be? I'm interested in seeing the paint schemes and build options as they will be shipping to customers. I'm loving what you guys have done with the IA and I can't thank you enough for making this falls purchase the toughest one yet! Keep up the great work and thanks as always for putting up with the ST community time and time again(enough with the brake complaints already).

------
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to find a picture of the Sram red version. I'm interested to see if there is a different paint scheme. Also, it just says "carbon clinchers" and doesn't specify what brand. Hopefully the website will be updated soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [gregarious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregarious wrote:
Has anyone been able to find a picture of the Sram red version. I'm interested to see if there is a different paint scheme. Also, it just says "carbon clinchers" and doesn't specify what brand. Hopefully the website will be updated soon.

Everything I've seen the mechanical versions are the same paint scheme but Dave could shed more light on that. As per the wheels they are all Novatec wheels as seen on Tririg.com made for Felt.

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2014_08_Felt_IA_DA_Lineup

Bike Radar put out a great article will all the 2015 TT/Tri models Felt will be offering.

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/article/felt-road-and-cyclocross-bikes-for-2015-41831/

TT/Tri
· IA FRD (US$13,999): Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 group, Felt Aero Brake System, Zipp 404/808 Firecrest wheels
· IA2 (US$9,999): Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 group, Felt Aero Brake System, Felt TTR1 wheels
· IA3 (US$6,999): SRAM Red 22 drivetrain, Felt Aero Brake System, Felt TTR1 wheels
· IA4 (US$5,499): Shimano Ultegra 6800/MicroShift drivetrain, Felt Aero Brake System, Felt TTR3 wheels
· IA FRD frame kit (US$6,999)
· IA1 frame kit (US$4,499)
· DA1 (US$4,999): Shimano Dura-Ace 9000/MicroShift drivetrain, Felt Aero Brake System, Felt TTR3 wheels
· B2 (US$3,699): Shimano Ultegra Di2/Vision drivetrain, aero dual pivot brakes, Felt TTR3 wheels
· B12 (US$2,999): Shimano Dura-Ace 9000/Vision/MicroShift drivetrain, aero dual pivot brakes, Felt TTR3 wheels
· B14 (US$1,999): Shimano Ultegra 6800/FSA/MicroShift drivetrain, dual pivot brakes, Felt TTR4 wheels
· S32 (US$1,299; 9.52kg / 20.9lb): Shimano 105/FSA/MicroShift drivetrain, dual pivot brakes, Felt RSL3 wheels

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$2500 premium for an identical frame? According to Slowman's article the major difference between the FRD and 1 version of the complete bike is wheels and ceramic bearings. Even if there is a different carbon lay-up, for $2500 it better give me a hand job every time I ride it.

cshowe80 wrote:
· IA FRD frame kit (US$6,999)
· IA1 frame kit (US$4,499)

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That $2500 also gives you a lighter frame. How much lighter is still up in the air.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said - I expect Rinny to pump up my tires before every ride if I'm paying a $2500 premium.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right, but I'm still curious to know how much weight we are talking about. When the IA was released I commented that with tubes that big the bike was going to be some heavy beast. SuperDave came and laughed at me, and shortly after the frame was advertised at 1200g (which indeed was really light for a frame that big). So I wonder that know they are releasing it with "regular" carbon, what is the weight gonna be? If it's a full pound difference, I would rather get a P5 (which is not lightweight either).
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My IA is dead silent with Zipp 808/404 clinchers. It is amazing
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cool thing about carbon is that tube size has a very weak relation to weight. Big, wide tubes can be made of very thin material, resulting in a very light frame for a give type of fibers.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply

Prev Next