Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Felt Announcement! New Cheaper Versions of the IA!
Quote | Reply
Just posted at http://www.tririg.com/...08_Felt_IA_DA_Lineup

3 new versions of the IA and a whole lot cheaper than $15,000 coming soon! This is awesome news because I'm in the market for a new bike frame as soon as I get my sign on bonus at work :)

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 8, 14 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$4500 for the frame and it looks like it is NUDE!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know! I cannot believe the trickle down! Great job Felt! SuperDave...when are these coming out!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has superdave or Felt ever detailed how much faster the IA is than the DA with bayonet 4 fork is?

ETA: Grabbed this from the IA thread. But no mention of whether that was with the new bayonet fork or not.

"One Line Robert"
Last edited by: wsrobert: Jul 23, 14 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope that Super Dave can add to this thread as I would love to know what exactly comes with just the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I believe it was frame, fork, bars, brakes, bottom bracket, and seat post. I would think it would be the same as most of that is proprietary to the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol, I literally posted this an hour ago and got zero replies :p

What interests me, and I'm surprised it hasn't been commented on more, is the design of the seat stays and the seat clamp mechanism. I'm curious to know how much road noise those two eat up. Aero is a must but aero + comfort is a very appealing combo.

Too bad they didn't implement the downtube hydration system :/
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want downtube hydration. I hate straws so it works for me!

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of that for $4500 seems like a pretty good deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the way felt rolls out new products we should be able to pick one up in early 2016
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waupaca11 wrote:
And the way felt rolls out new products we should be able to pick one up in early 2016

Because the P5 and many other products were released right on time as well, right?
Last edited by: PeteDin206: Jul 23, 14 15:51
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"And the way felt rolls out new products we should be able to pick one up in early 2016"

i can understand the sentiment, but there are no heavy lifts here - no new frames, forks, etc. everything here is an existing mold, been out at least a year, so, i think felt has hit cruising altitude with its tri bike line. as far as i can tell it's finally retired the 2007 mold, the DA is only a peripheral player so the inability to get the stem options you want for that bike is not really an issue, and there's no real issues i can see with the IA mold and the new B series mold.

what i heard is that all these bikes are pretty much either shipping to dealers now or will be by september. of course, we'll see. but at this late date if felt saw an issue they'd probably know about it. just about everything should either be in a warehouse, on a boat, or in an assembly plant.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jul 23, 14 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my 2014 AR4 in 2013, so n=1 and all that...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
waupaca11 wrote:

Because the P5 and many other products were released right on time as well, right?

As a DA1 owner, the stem issue (most specifically the 0 Rise) that Slowman refers to was a comical back and forth, yes/no/maybe so for a couple years. Then we had the slow rollout of the IA (there were guys posting up to a month or so ago about their orders from last fall) and the is there/ isn't there debate regarding the internal bladder.

I have owned a B10 and a DA1 (which I love, except for the rear brake) and like Felt as a company and hope these new bikes are released on target and are a party on 2 wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Has superdave or Felt ever detailed how much faster the IA is than the DA with bayonet 4 fork is?

ETA: Grabbed this from the IA thread. But no mention of whether that was with the new bayonet fork or not.

I'm a noob, and want to make sure I'm reading this chart right. The P5 is faster in calm or near parallel winds, but the felt is faster with sidewinds?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
wsrobert wrote:

I'm a noob, and want to make sure I'm reading this chart right. The P5 is faster in calm or near parallel winds, but the felt is faster with sidewinds?

Correct. The IA is faster at yaw greater than about 7 degrees to either side. P5 faster inside of that yaw range.

Quote | Reply
I suppose the 'which characteristic is more useful?' question is both hotly debated and inconclusive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Every race has wind and movement in all different directions. Who the hell knows what is best in that regard:)

Quote | Reply
Anyone know why they didn't cover the back wheel? I was always under the assumption that a cover over the wheel like the P5 has was much faster than leaving it open like the IA does

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not completely inconclusive. Both mavic and trek have some really good data on this decision. I think part of the decision is knowing yourself, your races, and so forth. The hard part is making generalizations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thought is the new DA is the real killer, 3600 with DI2, that just put the hurt on BMC/Cervelo/Trek/ etc when you can offer a very solid frame with DI2 for 3600. The new IA at 5600 (might be off on that number) for ultegra 11 speed is still kind of high in my opinion to be an instant success or great deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are buying a new frame for the group set you are buying it for the wrong reasons. Di2 is very nice to have and all but the group set does not make the bike faster or slower, ifs the frame and your positioning on the frame that makes the difference.

I personally would prefer the AI with Ultegra over the DA with Di2 if I knew the AI was going to be a faster ride. Of course I would like the AI with Di2 for DA money, but I think I would be happier knowing I had my best possible time at the end of the race on Ultegra. Its not like there is anything wrong with Ultegra 11 speed.

That said, the DA is an awesome frame if you happen to fit on it with the stems that are available. I think you could almost consider that a superbike frame for ordinary frame money.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do wonder how useful it is to optimise for >7.5degrees of yaw. Unless you consistently ride somewhere with very strong winds and/or are slow, seems to be pointless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Just posted at http://www.tririg.com/...08_Felt_IA_DA_Lineup

3 new versions of the IA and a whole lot cheaper than $15,000 coming soon! This is awesome news because I'm in the market for a new bike frame as soon as I get my sign on bonus at work :)

Will we get a stack and reach chart for these IAs so we know the full range of adjustments? I don't recall being able to find one for the 2014 IA.

If I can get low enough, i will be getting one of these baby's, but so far, I am left to my 2011 p4, just can't get that aggressive on any new super bikes (hurts that I am so short and can't size down beyond smallest bike).

If that rear brake wasn't such a pain in the ass on the P4, i wouldn't be looking, but it is a HUGE pain in the ass when using fat race wheels.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply

Prev Next