Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Drug Testing Loophole
Quote | Reply
I was riding this morning with a cyclist that is going to have a go at doing Ironman in several weeks time.

She told me she has been using several PED's and they have clearly helped her drop weight but also she is now so strong for someone so little.

I said they now test top age groupers.

But she said she has a loophole.

She is not a member of any organisation that with under the WADA code. She intentionally allowed her cycling membership to lapse and have never joined USAT.

She claims that she can only be tested on the actually day of the race by which time, the drugs will not be in her system. She claims that WADA can only test her on that day due to the one day licence.

But I would have thought once she has entered the race and paid the one day licence, she would then be under their code of conduct. Or am I wrong.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
I was riding this morning with a cyclist that is going to have a go at doing Ironman in several weeks time.

She told me she has been using several PED's and they have clearly helped her drop weight but also she is now so strong for someone so little.

I said they now test top age groupers.

But she said she has a loophole.

She is not a member of any organisation that with under the WADA code. She intentionally allowed her cycling membership to lapse and have never joined USAT.

She claims that she can only be tested on the actually day of the race by which time, the drugs will not be in her system. She claims that WADA can only test her on that day due to the one day licence.

But I would have thought once she has entered the race and paid the one day licence, she would then be under their code of conduct. Or am I wrong.

Might be a loophole, they dont really wanna waste money testing (and banning) "one time racers". Think about it from the perspective from them, someone that gets a one day license either races so little it is cheaper to not get the membership (myself included in that pool), or they are only doing the race once to say they did it. Now why would you wanna waste time, effort, resources to test that person that just wants to say they did it and be done with it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The use of PED's in age group athletes is an interesting topic to explore I think. So many fascists. The psychology of those who do it being one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

WTC is really vague on this, which is annoying. The "doping" portion of their website is incomplete and not totally coherent.

That said, my best interpretation is that she's bound by the code of conduct upon entry to the race.

I'd send a tip to WTC and USADA, and let them decide how to deal with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140.6sj wrote:
Now why would you wanna waste time, effort, resources to test that person that just wants to say they did it and be done with it?

I think you're making an assumption there. She could do this repetitively.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious, what PED compounds has she claimed that she has used?

Not going to copy her, just curious to know what the nuts are poisoning themselves with these days ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you called the tip hotline, right? Right?!

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
140.6sj wrote:
Now why would you wanna waste time, effort, resources to test that person that just wants to say they did it and be done with it?

I think you're making an assumption there. She could do this repetitively.

She could, hence the 'loophole' I am saying USAT maybe making the assumption that those who do a one day license are not frequent and would then be a waste of money
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Publicly over slowtwitch is a good way to get noticed... now everyone will be watching out for some small female who is stupidly strong
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [psan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
psan wrote:
The use of PED's in age group athletes is an interesting topic to explore I think. So many fascists. The psychology of those who do it being one.
Who knew there were so many fascists? I can certainly imagine that since he was Italian, and plenty of Italians get popped for drugs that Mussolini certainly must have used PEDs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless things have changed in the past year you have to be a full member of WADA organization in order to qualify for any age group championship events including USAT national , ITU worlds, ect. This helps close the loop-hole for any athlete looking to step up there level of competition. Outside these major events I doubt any of the organizations see it as worth their time an effort to chase dopers.

I think there is something wrong with you are doping to gain a few seconds at a local TRI. However I do not want to pay the $$$ at these races to cover the costs of doping enforcement, and i think I am in the majority in that respect. The financial cost of drug testing on the small scale level has the potential to be detrimental to the sport by forcing up registration costs thereby preventing more participation. It is a case of taking the moral high ground at your local race even though it sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I'd send a tip to WTC and USADA, and let them decide how to deal with it.
i feel as though it's a responsibility to let USADA, WADA, WTC, USAT, and everyone who competes with and against this women know she's a cheater. post her name here, and send it along to the respective doping control governing bodies.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't you think posting her name to a public form with zero proof is a bit much? I really find both sides interesting, those that get all in a lather over and those that dope.....
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
Don't you think posting her name to a public form with zero proof is a bit much? I really find both sides interesting, those that get all in a lather over and those that dope.....

But it's slowtwitch. If there's one thing slowtwitch loves it's a good witch hunt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact USAT, WTC, and USADA. Inform them of her so called "loophole". Once they pop her be sure to out her publicly.

This doping business is really bullshit. A friend of mine is in the F45-49. She's an amazing athlete and works her tail off but always seems to miss KQ'ing by one or two spots. IIRC she's missed by one or two spots eight times. She's maxed out her engine in terms of what her genetics will allow and she's squared away her bike setup and swim form. She knows at least a handful of times she's been beat by dopers. I really feel for her because I can see it's diminished her love for the sport and that SUCKS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I would love to see this person get caught! People like that bug the living crap out of me.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She doesn't know that for a 100 percent fact.....she just thinks that! " I can't win so they must be doped"

Its and easy out and most likely not true. She just got beat, end of story.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
psan wrote:

Who knew there were so many fascists? I can certainly imagine that since he was Italian, and plenty of Italians get popped for drugs that Mussolini certainly must have used PEDs.

When you are on PEDs the trains always run on time, trains of course being the nickname for glutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
She doesn't know that for a 100 percent fact.....she just thinks that! " I can't win so they must be doped"

Its and easy out and most likely not true. She just got beat, end of story.

In fairness I might not have made it clear... she knows some of the women (either same training group or another local training group) and basically "knows" that a couple of them are dopers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always been curious about comments like this, "She knows at least a handful of times she's been beat by dopers."

How does one come to that conclusion? They say doping can help you by something like 8%, right? I would love to know how you can identify that in a fellow competitor. Cause these people they call "pros" keep beating me really bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [rTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of her competitors is a former professional body builder. Maybe she just has amazing genetics.

Edit: and 8% is huge.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: May 2, 16 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, first f45-49.....not hard to win clean. She knows, and has 100% facts of doping......and she doesn't or didn't do anything? Sorry your friends is full of BS......tell her to stop crying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully this link will get you to the correct PDF:
http://www.ukad.org.uk/...load-decision/a/6720

See section 12. It is not enough to let membership lapse. Once you have become subject to anti-doping rules, you are subject to them for the rest of your life unless you notify the governing body that you have retired from the sport.

So if the cyclist you spoke to has ever been subject to anti-doping rules, I'd suggest they are within their rights to test her out of competition right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must be a full member to Q for ITU events. Perhaps WTC should mandate only full NGB (USAT, TriCan etc) members can KQ to close this loophole.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What race? What AG?
Quote Reply

Prev Next