Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dimond [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the Shiv and IA are also banned at Worlds?
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:

No, but I do think they have some double diamond frame rule though. It is ridiculous for them to enforce this in any non-drafting race. But as someone else said, not a ton of people actually doing ITU non-drafting races. This could be an issue when they are in Chicago though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [deafcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any drag data for that bike/frame and especially in relation to the popular double diamond offerings? iirc the Falco makes some wild claims but havent seen any independent testing.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [ianm98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianm98 wrote:
Why can't you use it on a trainer? What about a Kickr?

No reason you can't use on the trainer. I use mine on the trainer about 2-3 times a week. I just change out my road wheel for a trainer wheel and tire.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
But what does one race when they do something like worlds when they are illegal?

I'd take one of my several other bikes ...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [Nesta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nesta wrote:
Don't all mid-pack age groupers need a bike like that, I think so...

Yes. Yes they do.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:

If a bike is not UCI legal, it cannot be used at worlds. Yep, lots of bikes were not allowed in, not sure about those.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zamm0 wrote:
any drag data for that bike/frame and especially in relation to the popular double diamond offerings? iirc the Falco makes some wild claims but havent seen any independent testing.

The testing provided by the manufacturer of the frame claims 1m21s over a P5-3 and 4m13s over a Shiv at 10deg average yaw for 112mi. I recall there being another thread discussing this test.

Found the thread.
Last edited by: Pantelones: Oct 18, 14 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [buck_shot11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buck_shot11 wrote:
ianm98 wrote:

No reason you can't use on the trainer. I use mine on the trainer about 2-3 times a week. I just change out my road wheel for a trainer wheel and tire.

I am going by what TJ told me. If the guy who created the bike says don't, I don't. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thirstygreek wrote:
Oh man Peppering Strava segments with a TT rig..that's a whole other thread right there.

Not hunting CRs or KOMs, just riding the normal routes I ride my other TT bikes on. Doesn't matter what bike I ride - I won't get any CRs on the popular SF Peninsula routes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love your bike!

Can you provide some order details? What's included with the frame purchase? Fork, seatpost, stem, bars, etc. How about paint selection - stock color and extra cost for a change?

One note on your USA manufactured comment above. Starting in 2014 I think all Speed Concepts, including the 9 series, have moved to overseas manufacturing:(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:

Yes and yes...and yes to Dimond....another reason why I decided that I did not want to pay $900 for my team Canada registration to ride on a flat ITU course in Chicago. Luckily my bike is UCI legal, but I don't want to give my money to those guys who can't pull their heads out of a paper bag. I'd rather give my money to the guys in Tampa. I'll use my money to do something else like Silverman or Tahoe 70.3.

It was the UCI's stupid rule that basically killed softride in the first place. There is no good reason I can see why tri bikes need to conform to UCI legality (although the 3:1 ratio, I'll admit is a good way from turning bikes into full fairings). In any case the UCI rules killed beam bikes once. Now that they are coming back, I don't want to give my money to the organization that keeps them out even though I don't race on one now.....I actually have an old softride in the basement that I am building up as a road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
Love your bike!

Can you provide some order details? What's included with the frame purchase? Fork, seatpost, stem, bars, etc. How about paint selection - stock color and extra cost for a change?

One note on your USA manufactured comment above. Starting in 2014 I think all Speed Concepts, including the 9 series, have moved to overseas manufacturing:(

You can order everything from them, build kit, bars, etc. They will even build the bike. In my case, I built it. The frame set includes the fork, seat post, and Cane Creek 110 headset, along with the frame specific hardware that varies depending on if the bike will be a Di2 or mechanical build. The stock color is matte black with gloss black logos. In my case, there was no extra charge for gloss black with the silver logos. I am not sure if that is the case for all paint options or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tall are you and what size is your TTX?
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
buck_shot11 wrote:
ianm98 wrote:

I am going by what TJ told me. If the guy who created the bike says don't, I don't. :-)

you can use it on rollers. get a fork stand if needed.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Beautiful! How does it handle?

just to add my 2c... on the windy day we had in kona this year, I didn't have a single scary moment. I used to feel pretty sketchy on my Shiv above 40mph, but the Dimond was super stable even in the hairy crosswinds. I was riding a 404 up front, I'm sure with an 808 I'd have had a few skidmarks on my chamois

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Borden wrote:
Thanks for taking questions. I've been having a real issue with my Dimond ever since I got it.
How do you deal with all the honeys throwing their panties at you when you ride by?

Sick bike, dude. Very pimp.

I have to agree. People think this position I'm in is for aerodynamic purposes, however it's exactly to solve this issue. I find that with my head tucked low, those Vittoria's Secret latex thongs can be more easily avoided.

To the OP, love the bike - black gloss with white logo is looking pretty fly!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
Borden wrote:
Thanks for taking questions. I've been having a real issue with my Dimond ever since I got it.
How do you deal with all the honeys throwing their panties at you when you ride by?

I have to agree. People think this position I'm in is for aerodynamic purposes, however it's exactly to solve this issue. I find that with my head tucked low, those Vittoria's Secret latex thongs can be more easily avoided.

Yes, Rob...very sweet. Mine shall be here...today...gloss black with silver. boy oh boy
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
Borden wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
zamm0 wrote:

The testing provided by the manufacturer of the frame claims 1m21s over a P5-3 and 4m13s over a Shiv at 10deg average yaw for 112mi. I recall there being another thread discussing this test.

Found the thread.

That's still not enough to get me on the podium or even into the money. Damn, I'll have to try something else :-(

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the reasoning for not riding it on the trainer???
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [sib1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sib1 wrote:
What was the reasoning for not riding it on the trainer???

He said rollers are fine, but that you cannot clamp the rear axle stationary, so trainers that attach to the real wheel are out. Apparently this is where the lack of a real triangle hurts you; there's an old ST thread on torsional forces and whether they're bad for carbon frames (http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...n_trainers_P4865781/), and on the Dimond you definitely don't have much rigidity if your clamp point is the real axle - just two chainstays, albeit rather beefy ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bike. Only issue is the font on Dimond. Terrible. So 1980's. lol.

Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11", saddle height of 30 inches. My TTX was a medium. A better way of looking at it is this: TTX Stack 524 Reach 419, Dimond Stack 540 Reach 425. I went with the Zipp Vuka Stealth on the Dimond, which has an effective stem angle of -17, on the TTX I used a -7 stem. I duplicated my fits coordinates when building the Dimond, but will likely try moving everything forward and down, as there is room to ride steeper compared to the TTX, which I was riding as steep as I could on that frame with my saddle of choice, the Cobb SHC 170.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul,
I asked our team USA coordinator if we could ride non-UCI compliant bikes at ITU worlds in Chicago, specifically, Shiv, IA and P6. She asked their ITU Official and this was the officials response. Still seems odd to me they would single out beam bikes and decide to draw the line there. I have an IA so I'm going to assume it's ok. But I think I'll throw an old bike in the car just in case...

"Regarding bikes NOT allowed at 2015 Chicago:

BEAM BIKES...Diamond bikes now, are NOT allowed

Have never heard anything negative about the Shiv or Cervelo P6

But only the BEAM bike is out"

MC
Quote Reply

Prev Next