Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

Crossposting from Devlin's thread:

Chipmunk wrote:
Michael Barry... Does that mean the Canadian NADO (CADA?) is involved as well?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Chipmunk] [ In reply to ]

Chipmunk wrote:

Chipmunk wrote:

Yes. USADA worked with european and canadian agencies. I dont know if Canada handed out a suspension or just let USADA do it and is honoring it. Length of suspension hasnt been announced but all the active guys are suspended.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [pick6] [ In reply to ]

pick6 wrote:
Chipmunk wrote:

Chipmunk wrote:

Yes. USADA worked with european and canadian agencies. I dont know if Canada handed out a suspension or just let USADA do it and is honoring it. Length of suspension hasnt been announced but all the active guys are suspended.

moot point now. Wonder why he also retired this year?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [pick6] [ In reply to ]

pick6 wrote:
Hincampie's confession: http://www.georgehincapie.com/...rom-George-Hincapie/

so because he "cooperated" he gets off???
I don't understand.
was the USADA statement saying if LA admitted to doping it would not have been a lifetime ban? Is Hincapie getting a ban? the others on the list?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]

TriGirrrrl wrote:

I don't understand.
was the USADA statement saying if LA admitted to doping it would not have been a lifetime ban? Is Hincapie getting a ban? the others on the list?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...eive-bans-from-usada

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]

Makes you wonder about the non-listed postal riders. Did they decline to testify, were not involved, too small to worry about, followed the code?

Cyclingnews is reporting they were banned. It's more like an "amnesty" program. 6-months and they could be back by early next season:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...eive-bans-from-usada

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]

Sounds like a complete joke of a suspension. USADA is only giving credence to LA's claims of a witch hunt by handing out suspensions to those who testified that amount to nothing more then a slap on the wrist.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:

discusses it, not has a lavender room food fight over it.

Hand. Full. Of. Meatballs. Must. Throw.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
Sounds like a complete joke of a suspension. USADA is only giving credence to LA's claims of a witch hunt by handing out suspensions to those who testified that amount to nothing more then a slap on the wrist.

agreed

Lance was offered the same opportunity and declined it.

TriGirrrrl wrote:
pick6 wrote:
Hincampie's confession: http://www.georgehincapie.com/...rom-George-Hincapie/

I don't understand.

Yes if lance had cooperated, it's likely he would have lost the last 2 tours, and received a ban of less than lifetime. all the others received a ban, those who retired would received a ban if they un-retired.

TriGirrrrl wrote:
TravisT wrote:

agreed

I don't think you call a six month suspension in the off season a slap on the wrist. What a joke! Clean up cycling indeed.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Redrocket22] [ In reply to ]

Well, there's Kevin Livingston

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

So it's official, Lance is now banned from LIFE.

TravisT wrote:

Armstrong had the opportunity to cooperate. He had that opportunity as late as July or August. He decided to take his chances by suing in federal court. He lost. Bad decision on his part. You cannot blame the USADA for Armstrong refusing to take the deal that everyone else took.

TravisT wrote:

I disagree. You can't encourage cooperation without providing for a carrot to want to come forward for.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:
Lance was offered the same opportunity and declined it.

You have zero knowledge if that is true. Stop pulling a pick6 and making a statement based on assumption. USADA only said that LA was given the chance to cooperate but there was no definite statement of what penalty he would have received.