Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [Jonas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

I finally have it a new Signature line, that was awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [Jonas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonas... do you miss us THAT much? :-) you need to TAPER! repeat after me: "taper": short ride, good bfast and coffee, a nap, a date, a movie.. you know? TAPER!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I highly approve of the Craft underwear. ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REad this to my wife last night. she was rolling--thought it was the funniest thing on Tri that she's heard.

I think you should try the Blackwell Adamo, or better yet the 'Sport seat'
http://blackwellresearch.com/p_seats.htm

See ya tomorrow at bonelli, even though you'll be starting ahead. I'm sure you'll be lapping me on the bike, even though it's only 2 laps. I'll be the slow fat dude on the red SoftRide.

BTW, try a road bike sometimes. It's way easier on the nutsack. then you don't have to hurt EVERY ride. Besides, if my privates go limp from riding, I'm gonna have one pissed off wife. The pump up penile implants ain't all that great.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]

Do you think it'll help? [reply]
Jonas have a coke and shut the fuck up. [/reply][/reply]

Maybe he meant 'some' instead of 'a' ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on the 'ass' being shown? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post of The Year !!!!

Keep it coming Jonas .

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, maybe you should shave your ass. I seem to remember a previous post that expressed positive results in comfort from this proceedure.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just what did you girls do to this guy last week?

A tough, IM going Swedish Doode, reduced to tears after only one week?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonas, i fear you're getting soft; California is daining the viking from you. I thought the only acceptable reason for a viking to not ride was death?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been 7 weeks since I've been able to ride my bike and after reading the post I thought about it and guess what? My sack feels the best it has in years. I generally ride between 5000-7000 miles a season. Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here.

Good luck in AZ.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I am tapering! I'm on my tried and tested "Colting no taper taper".
In Reply To:
Jonas... do you miss us THAT much? :-) you need to TAPER! repeat after me: "taper": short ride, good bfast and coffee, a nap, a date, a movie.. you know? TAPER!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [LittleRingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
threads like these make me thankful for being a female.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was actually thinking about that myself....You gals may have all kinds of weird cycles going on within your physiology and with that babybearing-thing and what not but it sure as hell's going to be worth it if one's a bikerider, no?

My favorite artist right now, Anthony & the Johnsons, sing about this in their song "For today I am a Boy". not be bikeriding part but anyway..
In Reply To:
threads like these make me thankful for being a female.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Females who ride long distances get to enjoy saddle sores right in the area where they would like to enjoy other things too. I recall a six month period in prepping for an Ironman where I didn't enjoy much of anything. I was one frustrated... so yes I feel sorry for your discomfort but at least you don't have a boyfriend looking at you like you are a piece of steak and he hasn't eaten in weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< but at least you don't have a boyfriend looking at you like you are a piece of steak and he hasn't eaten in weeks >>

Sure he does, whaddaya call Francois? ;-)

Dude - great rant. We've almost got you fully Amuricuhn-ized now. You are nearly soft enough and feeling enough entitlement to fit right in here.

Enjoy your no-taper taper.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funniest thing I've read in a very long time!
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonas the next time you're at the pool, wear your oldest most blown out see through speedo. If you don't have one, soak a good one in a little bleach water over night and see what happens. See if the lifeguard says anything about that... You'd be wearing the appropriate attire, yes?

Erika you crack me up! Yes, us girls have just as much pain as the boys do. Ours could even be worse...
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions from a bikeseat and other rants left and right [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll pay for that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonas, you rule. I'll see you in Arizona next week, hope you kick some ass.

This will probably make you feel better: Last week I said to my fiancee, "Hey, Jonas is racing in Arizona. We met him at Hooters in Florida last year." And she said, "Oh yeah...Jonas is that suave looking guy, right?"

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and the whole "babybearing thing" isn't necessary if one doesn't want.

Some days I wish I were a guy 'cuz then I'd be faster, though.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the longest ride I've done is 3hrs, I guess that's not enough to get any saddle sores.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
perhaps he needs some of The Puppy Channel. http://www.thepuppychannel.com/tvframe.htm

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't even get me started on this. Any halfserious IM-athlete would know about this. Between all the chafing, numbness and fatigue it's a wonder any of us ever get laid. I doubt that triathletes as a group (esp where both partners are tri,s) see to much action...

Numbness or not, I try to live by the "aiming to please" principle. Gf wouldn't let me do triathlons otherwise

In Reply To:
Females who ride long distances get to enjoy saddle sores right in the area where they would like to enjoy other things too. I recall a six month period in prepping for an Ironman where I didn't enjoy much of anything. I was one frustrated... so yes I feel sorry for your discomfort but at least you don't have a boyfriend looking at you like you are a piece of steak and he hasn't eaten in weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Females who ride long distances get to enjoy saddle sores right in the area where they would like to enjoy other things too."

I'm pretty sure that we have it just as bad as the boys do. There is a lot of sensitive skin getting smashed and pinched between the saddle and my bike shorts (especially when they start to ride up). It's not really skin that gets tougher over time either. The only thing that helps - after the damage is done - is diaper rash cream and getting some air on there. I am preferring Bourdeaux's Butt Paste right now. Go ahead and laugh. But that sh!t works.
Quote Reply

Prev Next