Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: About those Trucker Hats [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is a local fad as well.

Here in coastal Florida, legit trucker hats are pretty popular in the surf communities. I will say, I can appreciate a good authentic trucker hat, i.e. like the $2.99 hat I bought in South Dakota from the Corn Palace...what can I say, this city slicker/beach bum was intrigued by the 8th wonder of the world.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Things have gone wrong in my life if I am wearing a trucker hat. (or driving a mini-van).

Quote | Reply
When I see a trucker hat, I think of Ashton Kutcher. And I think he is a douche bag.

Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the topic of headwear during the run, I'm partial to bondiband wiking headbands. Hats add too many grams of weight.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savage8778 wrote:

Here in coastal Florida, legit trucker hats are pretty popular in the surf communities. I will say, I can appreciate a good authentic trucker hat, i.e. like the $2.99 hat I bought in South Dakota from the Corn Palace...what can I say, this city slicker/beach bum was intrigued by the 8th wonder of the world.

Trucker hats are also big in Manhattan Beach (SoCal) right now. I guess the mesh back works well in warm weather. Surfers as well as attractive women joggers seem to wear them a lot. I have no issue with them.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [elburrito99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live by the coast & work in the city - trucker hats seem to be equally popular among surfers/skaters/punks/hipsters/posers/muso's/gym-rats..... the list goes on. I don't own one but my son does have a vintage Vans one. Vintage trucker hats - who'd have thunk that?!??

All that aside, triathletes are not really in a position to take the moral high ground on fashion - in my experience.

elburrito99 wrote:
Savage8778 wrote:

Trucker hats are also big in Manhattan Beach (SoCal) right now. I guess the mesh back works well in warm weather. Surfers as well as attractive women joggers seem to wear them a lot. I have no issue with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

>Trucker hats are also big in Manhattan Beach (SoCal) right now. I guess the mesh back works well in warm weather. Surfers as well as attractive women joggers seem to wear them a lot. I have no issue with them.

You need a flat billed one though, at least in SoCal.

I'm kind of surprised trucker hats are still in. I remember coaching high school sports in ~2004 and the hats being cool among the kids then. I thought 10 years would be way beyond the typical fashion shelf life.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is Ashton Kutcher a douche bag?

I've always worn a mesh back, plastic snap hat and always will.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Was somebody at the WTC paying attention to the epic SL thread when they decided this was a good idea?

http://ironmanstore.com/...ampaign=trucker+hats

I know we joked about wanting trucker hats (at least I was), but would never be caught in one. How about you?

Doesn't everyone see what is happening here?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
----------
Yup same here in Huntington Beach.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All that aside, triathletes are not really in a position to take the moral high ground on fashion - in my experience.
------
Love it

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought mine at Boulder last month! Chicks dig it.

CJ
Slow, Old, 2x IM
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is clear that you fully understand the law of nature which dictates that a trucker hats' appeal is directly inverse to the obscurity of its origins.

Savage8778 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm indifferent towards a style of hat really. But! Triathletes talking about how silly/ugly/ridiculous/lame an item of clothing looks is pretty funny :)
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [idk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
idk wrote:
I'm indifferent towards a style of hat really. But! Triathletes talking about how silly/ugly/ridiculous/lame an item of clothing looks is pretty funny :)

X2

Only on Slowtwitch do you get 2 pages, or more, on trucker hats. If there was some aero benefit to wearing one, they were made of carbon fiber and cost over $100 everyone would be wearing one. :)

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not giving up my John Deere hat to no one! (unless she's really cute)
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [FranzZemen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranzZemen wrote:
On the topic of headwear during the run, I'm partial to bondiband wiking headbands. Hats add too many grams of weight.

Not because of the weight, but I'm just not a fan of hats, and visors look silly, so I have a Bondiband. Pretty sure (ok I know) they're meat for women, but I'm not a fan of sweat in the eyes

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This must be the longest lasting "fad" of recent times. These have been popular since the 90s.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [idk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but think about it. What sense does it make to wear a hat that would be worn by Keith Stone or a plumber while wearing spandex as tight as you can. Doesn't make much sense to me.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iank wrote:
FranzZemen wrote:

Not because of the weight, but I'm just not a fan of hats, and visors look silly, so I have a Bondiband. Pretty sure (ok I know) they're meat for women, but I'm not a fan of sweat in the eyes

Raelert wears those, so I'm guessing if you are German it's ok to be a guy wearing one. I have a German name so I'm good.

Seriously, I wear it on the bike and run.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [FranzZemen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a better name for trucker hats would be farmer hats. My Dad farmed and he had about fifty trucker hats in the closet at one time or another. He would always get them free from the local agriculture insurance companies and whatnot. Now that you mention vintage trucker caps being a fad, maybe I could raid his stash and make some cash on craigslist :).
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhr wrote:
This must be the longest lasting "fad" of recent times. These have been popular since the 90s.

1989 - JFK Stadium after my 1st ever Broad Street Run [10M]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhr wrote:

Not true, people still get tribal tattoos. It is really quite tragic.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this style of hats were ugly when I had to wear them for softball as a kid in the early 90s. How on earth did these become popular again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You cannot have a thread like this without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next