Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW Heather Wuertelle out bikes Holly Lawrence, interesting.

Thank you for these posts, this is making my Friday at work WAY MORE EXCITING!!!!!!!

Not sure how much work I will get done. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done Lionel!!!! Take this you drafters.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WELL DONE Lionel. Kienle only 4th, that is a surprise.
Dreitz must have had a mechanical, that sucks, he is an UBER biker as well!

I would have expected those three riders as the top three.

Is there a prize for cumulative fastest splits for each sport, I thought I remember reading that somewhere, or is just overall cumulative time for all events?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something obviously happened to Drietz? I would have suspected him to be near or at the top.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per Periscope: Dreitz broke his chain and Hoffman had a rear flat (got a wheel change about halfway through I think)
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woman's cumulative time:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men's cumulative time:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apparently Hoff got a flat and Drietz broke his rear derailleur somehow...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really cool getting these splits, the tell quite a story. It is that ITU guys can swim, even the ones we think of as not that great(only in ITU) and long course guys can ride. There is almost an even split between the two events thus far, the bike being the more pronounced. And most the long course guys have a recent ironman or Xterra, or even both in their legs, and they still dominated!!

So pretty even when you add them up, now the run as the rubber event, I expect the ITU guys to take the advantage there, but it should be more mixed than those other two events. Figure Lionel to mix it up with the boys.

Women are a bit of a surprise thus far, early predicted favorites lagging, but of course some of them have recent big races in their legs too. Keep them coming!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men's total time day one:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing to remember is that this is a post championship season race. So different folks may have had different levels of being "in shape" this weekend. Just a small grain of salt. Though still very cool format.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women's total time day one:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have the run splits? I know I can calculate it, but just wondering if you have the run splits to post please?

Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What were their 5K splits?

Edit: By doing a bit of math:

Murray: 15:26
Mola: 15:33
Maloy: 15:44
Sanders: 16:10
McMahon: 16:12
Griffin: 16:23
Royle: 16:25
Tim Reed: 16:26
Tim Don: 16:30
Sebi: 16:39
Lagestron: 16:41
Tim O: 17:04
Bozzone: 17:08
Cam: 17:18
Last edited by: guscrown: Oct 28, 16 9:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Do you have the run splits? I know I can calculate it, but just wondering if you have the run splits to post please?

Thanks!!!

They haven't shown them on the twitter feed. Spotstats will have them up just as soon as they get internet access to upload the data. The recent hurricane made things tougher in several regards.

So you can do the math or wait.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At what point do they take the top 10 and shit can the rest of the field? Some interesting bubble battles going on, a few seconds is going to decide a lot of money for someone..
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After tomorrow - Sunday is Top 10 only

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gwen made her way from 10th to 3rd, impressive!! This is such an exciting race, all the stages, very exciting to follow!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the math on the ladies, looks like either a long, or slow 5k course, so good for the runners..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing today was crazy! You don't get to see these athletes pushing themselves this hard usually. A lot of drooling in the TT:) course had head wind on the way out but nice tail wind on return on the 3 lap course.

Drietz had to finish on a loaner bike so he could continue and Ben had a flat and needed a wheel change.

So far the LC athletes are showing big power on the bike, tomorrow should be interesting.

Jakub

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murray 15:25.7
Mola 15:33.2
Maloy 15:43.8
Sanders 16:09.7
McMahon 16:12.7
Griffin 16:22.6
Van Egdom 16:23.3
Royle 16:25.3
Reed 16:25.7
Don 16:30.0
Kienle 16:38.9
Lagerstorm 16:40.4
Wurtele 16:57.0
O'Donnell 17:04.5
Bozzone 17:07.3
Dye 17:18.5
Hoffman 17:34.1
Brandon 18:41.6
Dreitz 18:42.9

Jorgenson 16:49.6
Duffy 17:43.2
Goss 17:50.6
True 17:55.3
Lawrence 18:01.6
Klamer 18:02.6
Frederiksen 18:07.6
Salthouse 18:14.1
Moffatt 18:14.7
Kaye 18:20.6
Zaferes 18:27.0
Carfrae 18:29.8
Tisseyre 18:36.0
Routier 18:46.4
Norden 18:52.9
Wurtle 19:18.4
Cave 19:24.1
Brandon 20:23.3
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the splits, really looks like a lot of the women did not come prepared for this event. Some very surprising splits thus far, the men seem to be all pretty well prepared. You can tell who did recent big races, event the world champ double.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very fascinating results.

I think the difference between Aaron Royle and Murray & Mola shows the pretty significant difference between the Brownlees & Gomez and then Murray & Mola.

Many on here touted Murray as a great biker but on the basis of those results he looks thoroughly mediocre.
Last edited by: messien: Oct 28, 16 11:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bozzone is who stands out to me. I guess not having a hard marathon in your legs helps a little!

Which begs the question of whats wrong with Tim Don.
Last edited by: sooners175: Oct 28, 16 11:08
Quote Reply

Prev Next