Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ran the Syracuse 70.3 Course yesterday this is going to be interesting
Quote | Reply
So I was lucky enough to get some time yesterday to do the run course. I really wanted to check out this course after reading and hearing multiple horror stories. My first inclination is pacing is definitely going to be key(duh)! I found myself running to fast on the way out and too slow on the way in on my first pass and adjusted for the second pass and felt really good. Of course this wasn't race day and the conditions were nearly ideal(light wind and low 60's air temp). This does worry me some as we haven't had many warm days at all this year and I know this race is traditionally can be hot.
Overall the run didn't seem THAT bad, definitely a test but one that can be passed ;) The most defining take away is that I definitely can't miss any training between now and race day because it does look like this is going to be a very good test of mental and physical fortitude from start to finish.
It's going to be a hell of a Father's day!!
Hoping to ride the bike course in two weeks and maybe get in a swim there also then.

Aloha,
Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Ran the Syracuse 70.3 Course yesterday this is going to be interesting [Slim2nun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slim2nun wrote:
So I was lucky enough to get some time yesterday to do the run course. I really wanted to check out this course after reading and hearing multiple horror stories. My first inclination is pacing is definitely going to be key(duh)! I found myself running to fast on the way out and too slow on the way in on my first pass and adjusted for the second pass and felt really good.

Horror stories? I suspect you mean the giant hill at the turn-around point?
Quote Reply
Re: Ran the Syracuse 70.3 Course yesterday this is going to be interesting [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup the hill and also about difficulties in holding/getting into a rhythm. I thought the hill was quite daunting but doable while getting into rhythm didn't seem too terribly difficult. Once again this wasn't race day and I didn't swim and bike before the run...
Quote Reply
Re: Ran the Syracuse 70.3 Course yesterday this is going to be interesting [Slim2nun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping to ride the bike course in two weeks and maybe get in a swim there also then.

I'm pretty sure that the only time swimming is allowed outside of the very small roped area is on race day.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The run is punishing on race day. Trust me. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ran the Syracuse 70.3 Course yesterday this is going to be interesting [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that the only time swimming is allowed outside of the very small roped area is on race day.
//
Thank you for the info! That was the impression I got when I was there on Thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: Ran the Syracuse 70.3 Course yesterday this is going to be interesting [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The run is punishing on race day. Trust me. :-)
//
Yup, that's my impression...that hill at the turnaround...weeee...I am sure it's going to be so refreshing on race dace ;)
Quote Reply