Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rafael Uberbike
Quote | Reply
You've probably seen this already? One-sided fork and seat-stay on a Canyon look-alike

http://vonrafael.com/rafael-r-023-2/

Too bad the guy pictured doesn't have a bike fit that that bike is worthy of...
Quote Reply
Re: Rafael Uberbike [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a Canyon look-alike because Canyon licensed the front end from Rafael :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they produced the front end of Jan Frodeno's current Canyon. I also think they came up with the front bottle system he was using before his current bike which is very similar to the one canyon have now. so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved in some way with the design of the current Speedmax slx.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, this bike is being ridden outdoors, according to those photos at the bottom of the page. Any details on that braking system?

I'm very intrigued. Would the one-sided nature of the front fork and rear stays have a noticeable aero effect?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Rafael Uberbike [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been in love with this bike since it was first created some years back. But I am not sure they ever really made production version.

I do recall the brakes being an internal hydraulic drum brake within the hub, utilizing Magura hydro levers.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Rafael Uberbike [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a statement on the front page that they are producing a very limited run.... to be delivered in 2016, so outdated. But, the photos are a working model. those photos were new to me. I had assumed it was merely a tradeshow prototype.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply