Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Directors/Event Management Question
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance for any responses!

I help organize a triathlon that my employer sponsors and am the resident triathlete on the planning comittee. Yesterday was our first planning session for next years race and one of the suggestions we received was to have something at the finish of the swim for athletes to 'sight' off of. Our swim is set up as an out and back with three buoys currently. The sprint turns around after the first buoy and olympic after the third.

I've participated in a few events the past couple of years that had a branded 'TYR etc' inflatable arch to mark the swim start. My thought is that it would look nice and it would also work as a large landmark to sight off on your way back to land.

Does anyone know if TYR or similar has these available to rent or if they allow races to use them for publicity to their brand etc.?
Quote Reply
Re: Race Directors/Event Management Question [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a RD you will need power by the water, you could use one of those inflatable moving man, or a large feather flag, contact TYR directly, check with Red Bull, your local car dealer,
Quote Reply
Re: Race Directors/Event Management Question [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The races that I do use one of the "wiggly man" things (I think Ian Moone is describing one of these). You see these a lot of times in front of car dealerships or mattress stores when they have big "blowout" sales. You will need power and at the races I do, they have one of the little Honda generators running beside it. These small generators are about the size of a briefcase and are actually pretty quiet.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply