Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RAW- Ride Across Wisconsin
Quote | Reply
I did this yesterday with a friend. I admit I knew little about the course.... Or anything. He made all arrangements for room and transport and even picked up my race packet for me. I showed up.

175 miles... Which actually was 178 miles. Start in Dubuque, Iowa and ride across the entire state of Wisconsin.

Here is the kicker- I looked at the elevation and compared it to IM Wisconsin, Madison. Apparently IM Wisconsin has 3300 ft of climbing. This ride had 6600 ft of climbing.

Holy crap! I'm kinda glad I didn't know that before the start. Luckily I showed patience on the climbs and I finished the entire ride. My new pr for longest ride ever.

Apparently this event is only in its second year. I bet it will grow in popularity in case anyone wants to check into it. I
Quote Reply
Re: RAW- Ride Across Wisconsin [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounded like a fun ride. So.... who from Trek-Segafredo rode the course? Did they ride up the road on everyone?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds fun. Just an FYI if you are doing it, but the 3300 must be for one loop because IMWI (last years course) is like 6600.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
I did this yesterday with a friend. I admit I knew little about the course.... Or anything. He made all arrangements for room and transport and even picked up my race packet for me. I showed up.

175 miles... Which actually was 178 miles. Start in Dubuque, Iowa and ride across the entire state of Wisconsin.

Here is the kicker- I looked at the elevation and compared it to IM Wisconsin, Madison. Apparently IM Wisconsin has 3300 ft of climbing. This ride had 6600 ft of climbing.

Holy crap! I'm kinda glad I didn't know that before the start. Luckily I showed patience on the climbs and I finished the entire ride. My new pr for longest ride ever.

Apparently this event is only in its second year. I bet it will grow in popularity in case anyone wants to check into it. I

Have heard only great things about this event. I live in Madison so I feel I really should do this ride. Hopefully schedule allows for it in 2017. Sounds like it is an epic day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looked over the elevation profile on the ride this morning from someone I know that did it. Some of those hills ain't no joke! Kudos out to those that rode it!
Quote Reply
Re: RAW- Ride Across Wisconsin [runwichi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runwichi wrote:
Looked over the elevation profile on the ride this morning from someone I know that did it. Some of those hills ain't no joke! Kudos out to those that rode it!

My strava file shows 7900 ft of elevation gain. Tough ride, especially with a cross-headwind or straight crosswind for most of the ride yesterday. Not to mention the rain for the first 50 miles (which also was where about half of the elevation gain was) and a fair amount of gravel on the course. The goblet was hard-earned. Good post-ride hospitality including excellent craft beer.
Last edited by: sscott43: Aug 28, 16 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a fun ride! But it got a little painful the last 50 miles. Jens rode the route too and chatted with us after the ride. Nice guy!

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: RAW- Ride Across Wisconsin [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did this ride last year. Last year Jens, Robbie Ventura, and a bunch of other TFR guys road it. I heard this year it was supposed to be Frank Schleck, Ryder Hesjedal, and Peter Stetina (assuming among others). Great ride... it's a long day, but I didn't think there were any killer hills. Last year it spit rain off and on early in the day which didn't help comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: RAW- Ride Across Wisconsin [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngless wrote:
I did this ride last year. Last year Jens, Robbie Ventura, and a bunch of other TFR guys road it. I heard this year it was supposed to be Frank Schleck, Ryder Hesjedal, and Peter Stetina (assuming among others). Great ride... it's a long day, but I didn't think there were any killer hills. Last year it spit rain off and on early in the day which didn't help comfort.

Ryder, Frank, and Peter talked at the dinner the night before, but I don't know if they rode the course. The Trek riders started in the back and passed us sometime well before Beloit. They had their support van right behind them. Shortly after they passed us, one of the Trek riders pulled over to take a piss while the rest of them kept going. He was then paced by the van back to the group. Some thing never change...
Quote Reply