Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quintana roo CD.01
Quote | Reply
My LBS is trying to sell me the the CD.01. Anyone have any thoughts opinions reviews?
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [lgallagher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a damn sexy bike.

Does it fit you? That's the big question.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My LBS is trying to sell me the the CD.01. Anyone have any thoughts opinions reviews?

Its reviewed in the new triathlete mag.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be happy to "poison test" it for you. You know, you send it to me, I ride it for a little while to make sure it's safe, and then give it back. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine a month ago built up with Hed disc and three spoke front, use ot for Vineman full yesterday. It is so quick through the wind and something different. I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [avagoyamug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd weigh in on the new CD...Got mine a week before Nationals and it feels fantastic...A huge improvement off my old 650c Blade...

Like the kid says...If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

www.jaycurwen.com
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's a damn sexy bike.

That's not really the big question anymore. Try to keep up.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
It's a damn sexy bike.

That's not really the big question anymore. Try to keep up.

"Try to keep up"? Nice.

You waited over a month to bother to jab me for a fit comment? Dude, get a life!

I didn't even comment on the frame geometry. The OP said his LBS was trying to sell him one. Maybe he's 6'6" and the bike is a 48.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from the limited data I've seen it's as good as anything you can currently get from 0-10 degree yaw angle. After that I don't know, didn't see that data listed.

The good news is ABG is finally starting to get the 2009's out to their dealers in significant quantities. Especially with 2010 right around the corner (add some sarcasm there). So finding one in your size built up should be easier now.

Unfortunately I think QR shot themselves in the foot this year with not getting these bikes out in the numbers needed to gain some foothold in the market. Even their sponsored athletes just got/and/or are getting their Cd01's. I think 2011 is the year of the new breed of aero super bike, possibly, at least imo, rendering the current crop of industry leaders a little less relevant.

I was this l---------------l close to buying one earlier this year, am just a little bit further away right now. Unfortunately ABG couldn't get one each of the Med and ML to triSports.com so I could try them side by side before buying.

Now, I'm personally waiting until after eurobike and interbike before I will invest in a new ride. The future should be more clear after that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Sep 8, 09 18:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry you have a good point. I should not have resorted to saracasm so quickly. Didn't realize I would hurt your feelings. What I should have said was, "While I am sure it was well intentioned, your advice to the OP is a bit misguided when you take into consideration the range of adjustments that can be made on most bikes, the one in question included."

Everything is adjustable on this bike, so if the OP likes it, and if there is sufficent evidence that it is a well designed frame from an aero perspective, he should feel good about the purchase. Basing a purchase on the oft repeated Demerlyism of "buy the bike that fits" however, is just silly. They all fit. But they aint all fast.

As this is a well travelled public forum, you can't expect bad advice to go unattended forever. Jerks will respond with sarcasm and nice guys with polite information. I don't fit into either category as I like to give a bit of each. Deal with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peace.

I just thought is was ironic that somebody that responds to a 5 week old post says "keep up". ;)

And...

Yeah, yeah, bikes can be adjusted. But still, some fit different body types and preferred positions better than others. You want to ride with a 150mm stem and 3" of spacers, or use a bent seatpost to fake a 79 degree STA on a slack bike with? Go for it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with your points regarding spacers and silly long stems. But having done a few hundred professional fits, I have yet to come across a model of bike that in one size or another wouldn't work for the person I was fitting without resorting to such drastic measures. So "buy the bike that fits" as well as your subsequent advice is all valid, just over-emphasized most of the time.

I knew I could be shamed into a polite response. Thanks Mike.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [jager66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know u can carry a water bottle on the downtube. What about the seattube? Can u confirm pls?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've test ridden the bike, and it is a significantly nicer quality frame than their Lucero, Caliente, etc. Its a lot stiffer and rides much smoother as well, and it feels more stable at speed. The geometry is a little longer/lower than the other bikes, so as long as it fits you I would say a great frame, very comparable to most brands' top offerings.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [GO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they are drilled for bottles on both the down and seat tube.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Quintana roo CD.01 [GO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to work out now if I can get the water bottle (in my case Speedfil) to be shifted off to the "dirty" side (with drive train) away from the frame. I plan on using 2 x hack sawed off water bottle cages welded side by side to shift the bottle a few cms to the side...am waiting for feedback from ABG, not sure of their customer service as yet...will let you know how it goes.

I think the Cd 0.1 might be setting a new bike split record in Kona this year too......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No firsthand opinion on the bike, but looks like they are releasing an Ultegra cd01 for under $3000 in 2010. Here are a couple articles (scroll through the Lightspeed info in the BSM review):
http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...itespeedArchon.shtml
http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/...urobike-awards-2009/

Might be a very tempting option comparable to P2, B12, etc...

Anybody else know more about this? Is this price correct? When are dealers getting this bike?
Quote Reply