Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quintana Roo owners
Quote | Reply
On my 2006 Tequilo and on a 2011 Seduza I'm looking at, the brakes are proprietary and you need to remove the entire shoe and not just the pads. My issue is going from training wheels to full carbon race wheels. How do you guys swap wheels and or setup your brakes for rscing/training?

Am I best served taking the stock brakes off and going with another set where I can add carbon shoes? Or do like I've been doing and swapping the shoes put with carbon pads?

Curious as to your setups and your rationale behind it. Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo owners [npompei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just get another set of brake pad holders, install the carbon pads in those, and just swap the whole thing come race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
npompei wrote:
On my 2006 Tequilo and on a 2011 Seduza I'm looking at, the brakes are proprietary and you need to remove the entire shoe and not just the pads. My issue is going from training wheels to full carbon race wheels. How do you guys swap wheels and or setup your brakes for rscing/training?

Am I best served taking the stock brakes off and going with another set where I can add carbon shoes? Or do like I've been doing and swapping the shoes put with carbon pads?

Curious as to your setups and your rationale behind it. Thanks,

I have the CD01 (2011) and the brakes (rear esp.) were really bad. I swapped them out entirely. Love the bike but the brake design is turr'able, even with the upgraded brakes. Numerous carbon wheels will not fit in the brake aperture.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo owners [tmshokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What wheels wont fit in the rear?? i just bought a CD0.1 2012, havent gotten it yet. I have an older pair of HED jet6/9 with a PT on the rear...
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo owners [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
What wheels wont fit in the rear?? i just bought a CD0.1 2012, havent gotten it yet. I have an older pair of HED jet6/9 with a PT on the rear...

I don't own them them I read that the wider firecrest won't fit. To get my current wheels off (just standard clinchers) I have to let the air completely out of the tire. 23mm is too wide. I have some older Planet X that fit but it's tight. I think any carbon wheel with the wider aero design (not the older "v" shape like Planet X) will be suspect. Someone here upgraded to Omega brakes and said that took care of the problem but I don't have the coin for that upgrade. I'd be sure to measure the aperture of your break setup and read the specs on the wheels you buy - to make sure the rim will fit in the opening.

FWIW, the standard CD01 brakes are REALLY bad in the rain. To get them to pull right, and not get off center, it's a tricky deal. I leave mine looser to avoid off center rubbing. But when it rains and I need a lot of stopping power, it's always a nerve racking experience. Someone on here did a great write up on this. I'll try to find it and link it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:

Here's one thread that's helpful.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...um.cgi?post=3469349;

not the one I remember. still looking for that. one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah i have i believe a 2011 or 2009 rear/front. one or the other, vise versa. i already bought the bike and have the wheels. saw flo wheels fit well. if anything ill just sell the rear and try and get a flo or something. ill cross that bridge when i get there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
Thanks! Yeah i have i believe a 2011 or 2009 rear/front. one or the other, vise versa. i already bought the bike and have the wheels. saw flo wheels fit well. if anything ill just sell the rear and try and get a flo or something. ill cross that bridge when i get there.

Here is the link. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...um.cgi?post=4625011;

You should be fine with HEDs - I hope. :o) But be aware, there is almost NO play in those brakes. If it gets off center, you will experience a suffer-fest of epic proportions when you ride. The other option is just to go at it like Kienle and never brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HA i love it. I never ride outside anyway. i race outside, and do all my riding on the trainer unless its a big training weekend with friends. just need to get my HED wheels aligned and set and not touch it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to hijack the thread from the rear brake, but to anyone who has the CD0.1 are there any hacks out there to hide the front brake cable?? its not aesthetically pleasing and probably hurts aerodynamics. so if anyone has insight on hiding it if its possible would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=3464821;search_string=black%20tie%20affair;#3464821

This is the best way in my experience to route the CD0.1 front brake. Run that cable along the front of the HT and it effectively hides it. It also has the benefit of keeping it out of the way for steering and seems to keep the brake aligned well.

For the OP you need to just buy some new cartridge pad holders for your old brakes. then you can swap pads.

FWIW the later models of the CD0.1 will accommodate wide wheels. I ran RZR 92s which are the widest wheels in the industry on mine.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2006 QR Seduza. I use the stock wheels for training and HED 3c for racing. Honestly, I loosened up the cable and make the brake pads ride wider than normal. I think this is what you are asking about. The fit is really tight without doing this.
I just cant break that well. But who needs to break in a race. Seriously when I come into the dismount line, I have to clamp down as hard as possible to roll to a stop.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply