Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Quietest Kona week ever
Quote | Reply
Why so quiet? IM hasn't posted anything. No Bob Babbit videos or anything I've seen. What's the deal?
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?
Just look at the ST homepage...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is plenty of stuff out there, but it has felt quiet. At least more so than previous years.
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought. I haven't seen any interviews or anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Why so quiet? IM hasn't posted anything. No Bob Babbit videos or anything I've seen. What's the deal?

This should keep you occupied for hours: http://www.babbittville.com/...fast-from-kona-2015/ :-)

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of releases...dig around on the forum:
SES 7.8
Canyon Speedmax
NSF 808
P6 tease
Silca
Desoto
Kiwami
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys!!
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
Lots of releases...dig around on the forum:
SES 7.8
Canyon Speedmax
NSF 808
P6 tease
Silca
Desoto
Kiwami

Has this been confirmed?
I fully expect it to be released, but Canyon have been silent on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video on Jan's Facebook page.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P6 tease?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll give it a watch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
P6 tease?

I think that's what this is:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing%20about;#5721805

Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
TrekGeek wrote:
P6 tease?

I think that's what this is:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing%20about;#5721805

"The 2015 Go Pro Ironman World Championships marks a huge milestone for many triathletes. It also marks a milestone in the countdown to the next generation in Triathlon bikes."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quiet?

I guess you are missing Macca trash talk... ;)

There's less mind games going on, everyone are waiting for race day to express themselves! In these days (era) they are too many contenders to only focus on 2 names
likes in the past, IMO there's 5-6 guys that can make things very interesting on Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be interesting to know what the buzz is like on the island right now. Folks are right, the on-line buzz seems to be off a little bit. Maybe because the interwebs have already crowned Frodokinle or Ryfrae as the champs (pros that no one really cares about....allegedly...should be in pink).

It seemed like there was much more content and material coming from the Mdot factory in the weeks leading up to the race. I have not received the amount of email traffic from them as I have in the past. Certainly the social media offerings have been tepid. Not as many storylines coming into the race.

We definitely need Macca-esque smack talk to be taking place.

Aside from Babbit and ST...TRS is the only other outfit that seems to be getting quality content (stateside anyway). Everything else seems pedestrian.
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still say Kienle has this one. I think he held back in Frankfurt and Austria to drop the hammer here. He's a smart athlete. I MAY be a little biased as I named my 18 month old son after him back in 2014. Just love the sport and the name Sebastian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
I still say Kienle has this one. I think he held back in Frankfurt and Austria to drop the hammer here. He's a smart athlete. I MAY be a little biased as I named my 18 month old son after him back in 2014. Just love the sport and the name Sebastian.

I agree re: Kienle holding back earlier in the season.
Looking at the time delta between his and Frodo's bike and run splits in Austria, either Kienle was keeping his powder dry (most likely) or Frodo is going to blow everyone away this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

I call this BS on the fact that held back in Austria! A Workd Championship is a championship and It was close from him is home for him and plenty of media. He had a shot of winning, he might have held back the last 1-2km on the run but Gomez was on his heels catching him, so no away we didn't push very hard on the run. The Ironman distance might suit him better...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

This is Slowtwitch. EVERYBODY here is at Kona, tapering. So, everybody is in a bad mood and nobody wants to talk.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed some of the cupcakes with cal episodes around kona time last year.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapering is for the weak!! Crossfit, Bro!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Quietest Kona week ever [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After watching Babbit, and watching Cal (in the past) I have to say that if we want people to get interested in the pros, Babitt needs to up his interviewing skills.

In some cases (not all) Babbit doesn't even listen to what his interviewee is saying, he just looks down at his paper for the next question, thereby missing the opportunity to ask an interesting follow up question. I like the format, and I like Babbit he just needs to stop looking down for the next question and really be engaged with the athlete in front of him. He did a great job with some of the interviewees like Lionel, and Angela...but did a terrible job with many of the others.

Cal is something completely different, and I usually enjoy his videos. That said, I think a combination of Cal and Babbit would be nice. What does everyone else think? Seeing as many of these videos are only getting 1000-3000 views maybe that's an indication of interest. How many views should these be getting?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You Tube has all the Babbitt interviews too. I think he's great, he does not insult the interviewee with inane questions like so many clueless media types. His interviews are full of good content and done in a respectful yet interesting way. Keep up the good work Bob!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

Haven't you seen the teaser for the new SPECIALIZED Tri-umph?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply

Prev Next