Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quick Poll: What Would You Do In This Situation (Images Inside) [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is almost always caused by negative frequencies arising from bizarre thought processes.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: What Would You Do In This Situation (Images Inside) [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh...I have another question...

What are you doing riding around with tubulars on your bike? Wouldn't a nice pair of clinchers ride just as nice and be a heck of a lot cheaper to replace over time?

I've had three flats since January 1 (2 roofing nails and a staple). They have cost me about $3.99 per flat, instead of $30-$60 per flat. I am also able to ride with a dozen spare tires since I carry 2 spare tubes and a patch kit (good for at least a dozen flats per outing -- just in case).

Anyway -- just a thought...

BTW -- don't ride down that mountain again with a tire like that! Silly boy...
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: What Would You Do In This Situation (Images Inside) [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubulars huh? ;)

Those are the Velocity Aeroheads (built by none other than the great Rich Sawaris), with Vredstein Fortezza's on them. I think they are awesome tires by the way, (clinchers no less!) I've got a couple thousand miles on the set (though the rear has been retired as of the end of that ride, put the new Fortezza on the back this morning) and I only got one flat on the front. None on the rear. First time I've ever worn through a tire without getting a flat. Needless to say, I'm impressed, especially as it seems that rears puncture more often than fronts, due to their increased weight bearing/energy transfer requirements no doubt. The Fortezza Tri-Comps I had previously punctured much more often, but they also were slightly more confidence inspiring while descending, had a little more of a floating feeling to them while ascending.

I'll never bomb a hill on a whacked out tire again. I've been thinking today how much my mental stability is tied to working out, and I guarantee I'd fall into a spell of depression if I couldn't exert myself enough to sweat at least a quart (preferably more) a day.

I can't afford tubulars.
Last edited by: Sojourner: Mar 2, 05 17:21
Quote Reply

Prev Next