Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for the Ladies- DeSoto 1-piece
Quote | Reply
I recently got a DeSoto 1-piece tri-suit for IMCdA. I've taken it on a 100+ mile ride and it is absolutely wonderful. Most comfortable ride I have had this year. My question, though, is about the run. The top doesn't seem to be all that supportive. For those of you that have raced in these, do you wear a sports bra underneath? I know, the best thing would be to take it on a long run, but I'm stuck on the elliptical due to injury. I'm not hugely busty, but not flat chested (32C). It would really be optimal if I didn't have to wear extra support, but I don't want to be running the last 10 miles holding my boobs...

:-)

Any experiences to share?

Thanks!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Ladies- DeSoto 1-piece [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
but I don't want to be running the last 10 miles holding my boobs...

That would make for some great race photos ;-)

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MissP prefers to race in a two piece outfit, but the times that she has raced in a one piece she does wear a sports bra underneath. You should be OK on the bike, but on the run you can then unzip the top a fair ways if you get too hot.

The only real drawback on the one piece outfits for IM racing is the extra hassle if you need to make on-course bath-room or porta-pottie breaks!!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Ladies- DeSoto 1-piece [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip!

I found out this weekend that it is extra hard to make a porta potty stop in the 1 piece if you're soaking wet! I kept thinking that I was going to rip it trying to get it back on. It was quite the rainy century ride.

Now to find a sports bra that won't chafe...

Anyone with suggestions here? My UnderArmour one leaves me bloody at all the seams if I run more than 10 miles in it...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey jodi, I would wear a small race top underneath. I don't like the 2 piece( tried it) but i had a racing singlet and i was wearing a swimming sports bra underneath. I have a lot of those at home (i am not sure if the size would work) but i could send you some options to try if you want (i am not racing anytime soon) lemme know:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About the same as running in a swimsuit. I don't wear anything under mine but I'm also happy to run in just a t shirt so ...

I have a Zoot bikini thing that I use for short races that doesn't chafe when running. Sorta one of those things that you have to try, though. Bodyglide works wonders with a lot of these things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a few of the Champion brand sport bras and I love them. I have never had any problems with chafing and they are really supportive (I have a big rack and am super picky about sports bras) . Here is a link http://www.shop.runningroom.com/...t=2a&&page=2
I wear the Vapor Race Back bras.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jodi
although we havent met or anything, in the interest of being of service to my fellow humans, if nothing else works out I would certainly volunteer to hold your boobs for the last ten miles
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Ladies- DeSoto 1-piece [falk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jodi,

I'm a big fan of the sugoi sports bras. I plan on wearing one under my one piece when I race this summer. I have a new one piece suit that I took out for a brick (while wearing the sports bra) and I was pleased. My husband tried to convice me to wear it without (since I'm not overly busty) but when you need to drop the drawers and there is no porta potty its nice to know your boobs are still contained if another rider/runner unexpectably comes upon you during your emergency bathroom break.

I know..best to learn to pee on the fly but really in training I find it hard to justify :)

Erika
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was my first thought but i kept to myself nowing that someone would throw it out there

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the matching DeSoto bra? You could always throw it on in T2 if you don't mind taking a few minutes. Then if it's super hot, as CDA typically is, you can unzip and roll down the top half of the one piece and you'll have on the cute matching bra. Apply bodyglide or aquaphor as you never know about the chafing. I run in RRS bra that I buy a size too small, it seems to work well and I've never chafed in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my gf is really happy with her lululemon bra...
she also races in a speedo aquablade, she says its the most supportive thing she has; but she's a swimmer and her first few tris she did in her regular bathing suit, just adding shorts for the bike..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
32C def calls for a sports bra--a real one. i balance between D and C; and have never had a tri top without a sports bra "hold up"...if you know what i'm saying. after that kind of mileage, it just begins to hurt to not have the support.

train a little in the suit and bra combo and see what you think--bike and elliptical. can't remember when your race is, but you should be able to try out some of these suggestions to see what you like. ultimately, you just want something that you don't know is there; has support, but not too tight or binding.
Last edited by: kittycat: May 28, 07 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Ladies- DeSoto 1-piece [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm... I had never thought of getting the matching bra- great idea!

Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone! I'll try some things out in the next few weeks!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate your offer, but something tells me that would qualify as outside assistance...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a sports bra underneath mine - with plenty of body glide where it wants to rub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm small chested but still always wear a jog bra (Patagonia is my fav!) under a one piece. It just feels more comfortable and secure : )
Quote Reply