Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for painter's
Quote | Reply
I picked my bike up from the painter this morning and just and handling it till I got it home I noticed that I had put some really fine marks in the clear coat. It is black with a satin finish and I was wondering if there's anything I can do to get those Haze marks out. He said the clear coat would need several more weeks to completely cure. Can anyone offer any advice on what to do
Quote Reply
Re: Question for painter's [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I picked my bike up from the painter this morning and just and handling it till I got it home I noticed that I had put some really fine marks in the clear coat. It is black with a satin finish and I was wondering if there's anything I can do to get those Haze marks out. He said the clear coat would need several more weeks to completely cure. Can anyone offer any advice on what to do

Honestly, forget about it and ride it. Truth is, any repair will probably look worse. Automotive paints really can't be touched up without being able to see the repair. All you can do is basically spray more clear coat on that area. On a bike, I wouldn't bother wet sanding or buffing, I would just leave the clear coat as the final step after spraying it. If your painter did buff it, even if you spray the area, you can't buff out a small spot without seeing the area that you just sprayed... you would have to spray the whole frame again.

I say this because I'm sure you want it to look perfect again.

I'm building up a tandem I painted right now. Paint chipped when screaming in the bottom bracket. I'm not gonna go down that road and attempt a repair. Fact is, I know it will get scratched someday anyway.

Ride on!
Quote Reply