Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for Tom D.Joe Blow Pumps by Topeak
Quote | Reply
Do you sell these? if so do you know if you can get replacement gauges? only reason I ask is I am in the uK and unable to find out and have destroyed the plastic part that leads to the valve and would like to replace it without replacing the entire pump.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Tom D.Joe Blow Pumps by Topeak [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I can;t give you a good answer. I don;t know. In general the age of pumps with replaceable parts seems to have ended. When your pump dies you may be best served to buy a new one. We used to sell a lot of the Zefal Husky on the premise that it had replaceable check gaskets, hoses, guages, etc. The pump was around $50. Now we just sell these little metal "Planet Cycle" pumps that ae about $29 and will go to 130 psi and have a pretty good head. After a year, when they die, you buy a new one. Park was rumored to be coming out with an epic pump for professional/shop use. That could be promising. It would be nice to have a really decent one.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Tom D.Joe Blow Pumps by Topeak [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seal on the valve head of my Topeak pump wore out recently. I contacted the support company given on their website (www.topeak.com) and received a replacement head, no questions asked, within a few days. I was very pleased with their response. I copied the contact information from their website and included it below. I think they are the US support center, but if they can't help you they might be able to direct you to the international support center. My note to the support@Todson.com address received a prompt reply. Best of luck

-J

Todson Inc.
8 Spring Brook Road
Foxborough, MA 02035

Telephone:

(800) 213-4561

Web:
http://todson.com

E-mail:
support@Todson.com

Quote Reply
Re: Question for Tom D.Joe Blow Pumps by Topeak [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops... just re-read your post and realized that it's not the problem I thought - but it is still a solution for the chuck heads!

I went to damn near every bike store in Vancouver and checked a bunch of online sources as well when the rubber gasket for my Zefal Husky died for the 2nd time (the press-on presta adapter, not the thumblock operated schrader part). After failing to source the right part, I finally ended up buying a Silca "crack pipe" (disc wheel adaptor) and stuck it into the thumblock schraeder part. It works well for me, and cost me $10 as opposed to $50 for a new pump (Cdn prices).

Just another option for you...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Last edited by: Khai: Dec 12, 03 17:49
Quote Reply